Fuel For the Raptor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Old-Raptor-guy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I run 93 top tier. I average 14.6mpg, which sounds pretty low. I do get slightly worse with 87/89. I wonder why my mileage is lower than many others.
It has been proven time and time again. Driver is the #1 deciding factor in MPG.

My brother and I have identical and I mean identical powerstroke F350's. (He copied me FYI). He routinely gets about 20% better MPG. We switched trucks for a week years ago and my truck with him driving got 20% better. His truck with me driving dropped 20%.

I average 14.4 on my Raptor and don't give two ***** about it, I am having fun. I did get 18.2 on a road trip a few months back but I was driving pretty mildly. On the way home I got 13.1.

pavendort

Reaction score
It has been proven time and time again. Driver is the #1 deciding factor in MPG.

My brother and I have identical and I mean identical powerstroke F350's. (He copied me FYI). He routinely gets about 20% better MPG. We switched trucks for a week years ago and my truck with him driving got 20% better. His truck with me driving dropped 20%.

I average 14.4 on my Raptor and don't give two ***** about it, I am having fun. I did get 18.2 on a road trip a few months back but I was driving pretty mildly. On the way home I got 13.1.
I definitely do enjoy the truck, and do raptor it. Certainly not a pavement princess or mall crawler. :) I was averaging 16.8 when I first got the truck, then it started shifting a little wonky and now I am down to the 14.6 average essentially driving identically. It is at the stealership now getting the trans worked on.

PhilZx6

Reaction score
I've always ran top tier 93 since it was new. When I got the truck the salesman took me to the gas station with him and I had him put 93 in it.

Whitepony04

Reaction score
91 is the highest readily available in Enid ok. Download the Upside app and get a few cents off per gallon at nearby stations. We have a Casey’s by me house, they offer rewards points, then submit the receipts to upside and get a couple bucks back. Last week it was up to .24 cents back per gallon on premium.
I am in no way affiliated with Upside or its subsidiaries. Lol

Badgertits

FRF Addict
Reaction score

Haha same I’m averaging 14.7 over 41k miles, I am sure that could be a 15.5 but I always give it WOT whenever I get a chance & usually do 78-82 on hwy