How To Fuel Door Spring / Hinge Pin Repair

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WilliamBlaak

Reaction score
I reached in from behind and popped out the one at the 5 o'clock position first (the only one that is easily reachable from behind), then stuck one of the plastic tools in from the front to keep it from slipping back in, and then used a second plastic tool to pop the next one out, and then just worked my way around until they were all free. It may be possible to just get them all from the front, however.

Ok that is what I was trying to do with fingers with NO progress. I will give these a try then when they come in later this week.

Thank you for the advice, much appreciated!

joekai

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Awesome!! my fuel door just did this last week and I have a piece of paper towel keeping it from flopping around. Thank you for the info @KaiserM175!

woodyfo

Reaction score
Thanks for the headsup

Thanks for the great idea KaiserM715. I just did mine. After the 3rd or 4th time I had to pop that stupid pin back in place. $0 fix with a washer and a paper clip for a cotter pin... brilliant.

Ruger

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Well, that wasn't any fun.
But it was a whole lot more fun than drinking stale coffee at the dealership for $100!
Thank you, gentlemen.