Fuegos v. New XLs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HAYNES OFFROAD

aka Wreckless
Reaction score
Kahuna, what other lighting do you have setup on your rig? Reason I ask is based on your answer I can make a better recommendation on which light to go with.

As is, I would go between the XL80 (spot 6°) and the racer edition (spot 4°) over the fuegos. For comparison, the fuego spot is 10°.

Honestly the gap between LED and HID is getting VERY small with LED tech improving every day. You also have to look at the reliability/life span of LED that HID cannot match. While HIDs do have a certain "punch", the smooth spread of LED, even in spot beams, is hard to beat.

Shoot me a PM if you would like to get a quote or if you have any questions. I'm always happy to help!

-Joseph Haynes

OP
OP
Kahuna

Kahuna

THE MORE YOU PLAY WITH IT, THE BIGGER IT GETS
Reaction score
Currently I have 70" of bars behind the grill but that is very diffused by the grill as I am sure you are aware. Still considering bumper options and associated lights but that will be a few months away.

I am leaning towards HID for the longer throw lights. I still prefer my old 21w Salvo HID when scuba diving. The way that thing cuts through the murk still puts every LED I have tried to shame.

Thanks for your help.

K.

Baja Designs

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Guys, I'm just wondering if the new XL80 and Racer edition are catching up to the Fuego HIDs as far as distance projection. Which of the 3 is going to make the best hood mount long distance spot?

Thanks,
K

Out of the 3, your best option is the XL Racer Edition Spot.
The Racer Edition offers roughly 40% more distance than the XL80 and XL Pro.
Although the lumen count is less, you get more usable light in the long range application due to the LED design.
It changes from a 6 degree Spot to a 4 degree giving you a tighter beam and increased distance.

With our LED technology we are now surpassing our HID Lights. Not all LED's are created equal and we truly are shining brighter and farther!
The XL Racer Edition Spot you will have more distance, near field, and midfield lighting over the Fuego Spot. Another plus is no warmup time!
Most companies have NOT come close to HID lighting in performance, We are going above and beyond!

XL Racer Edition Spot
XL Racer Edition, LED High Speed Spot

680002.jpg

MSRP: $399.95
FRF: $359.95

Pattern may change depending on your current lighting setup.

Thank You!
Bailey, Baja Designs

Baja Designs

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
So when can we expect a XL80 racer edition.. :crazy:

Not anytime soon.. But we are always toying around with upgrading and changing our products so you never know! We are crazy about our lights!!! :crazy:

Keep an eye out for some SWEET changes to our Squadron and S2 Series Lights in the first couple months of 2016!!!