FSA 21N08

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

19Stripper

Reaction score
Just my luck. Bought my ESP specifically for the cam phaser coverage. (My 2013 ecoboost cost 3k to fix just out of warranty.) At least I dont have to worry about anything else. Lol

Meferrell84

Reaction score
I'm curious on the shudder- I had the PCM update, and my truck ran like champ. A few weeks later and it has developed what I would describe as a rough idle. I don't notice anything while driving it. I have several go rounds finding the right plug/gap combo (bought it with 80k miles) so I'm wondering if it's the "shudder" or I just need to go back to the plugs?

Terry32579

Reaction score
This is frustrating, I had a flash for my CAm and now it clicks, and shutters. I change my Navigators oils every 5K miles.

dspangler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is frustrating, I had a flash for my CAm and now it clicks, and shutters. I change my Navigators oils every 5K miles.
To be clear, the oil change interval has no bearing on this particular issue. Neither does oil grade, or filter type. All of that has been debunked. The cam phaser issue is specific to the design of the pins that fail, and you get the clicking. The various TSBs related to this address the tuning (to prevent the issue if the pins are not yet damaged... don't know how a program helps that, but whatever). Then if clicking still occurs, the cam phasers are replaced with the CD parts. Those have been available for a while and probably still on nationwide backorder since so many are getting replaced. With that said, I think we will know by 2023 if that truly did solve the problem... that will be when enough units get enough real world mileage / use to definitively say 'yep, that works'.