FSA 21N08

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

svt10th

Reaction score
i just got the 21B10 and this shudder is it at low and slow acceleration you feel a slight rumble on the acceleration pedal?
Yes its just really slight shake at decal for me but it wasnt there till after they did the 21B10. I have an appointment next week for the 21N08. That is supposed to fix it

acastillo86

Reaction score
Yes its just really slight shake at decal for me but it wasnt there till after they did the 21B10. I have an appointment next week for the 21N08. That is supposed to fix it
I'm looking to buy a used Ford truck and the same code popped up on the carfax
-Program #21N08 PCM REPROGRAM DUE TO ENGINE SHUDDER.
is this sometimes I should worry about ?

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'm looking to buy a used Ford truck and the same code popped up on the carfax
-Program #21N08 PCM REPROGRAM DUE TO ENGINE SHUDDER.
is this sometimes I should worry about ?

21N08 exists because of trucks that were poorly maintained or ran low on oil. You should be worried about the maintenance records and the quality of the oil and filters that were used as well as how the vehicle was treated.

Forumr

Reaction score
21N08 exists because of trucks that were poorly maintained or ran low on oil. You should be worried about the maintenance records and the quality of the oil and filters that were used as well as how the vehicle was treated.
I disagree with you, but I recognize you're probably the expert in Ford maintenance. That being said, to the poster you replied to, just because it is on the Carfax does not mean it has been done. The 21N08 shows on just about every Raptor I've seen listed for sale. It does not imply it has been done already unless listed separately.

Several buddies have maintained theirs flawlessly and have had shuddering issues. I have a hard time believing it is only poorly maintained or low on oil vehicles.

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I disagree with you, but I recognize you're probably the expert in Ford maintenance. That being said, to the poster you replied to, just because it is on the Carfax does not mean it has been done. The 21N08 shows on just about every Raptor I've seen listed for sale. It does not imply it has been done already unless listed separately.

21N08 will show on every vehicle that qualifies for 21B10. That doesn’t mean it applies, only that it’s available if needed.

Several buddies have maintained theirs flawlessly and have had shuddering issues. I have a hard time believing it is only poorly maintained or low on oil vehicles.

The shudder is caused by wear/damage to the cam journals. Cam journals don’t just become scored for no reason; it’s the direct result of a lack of lubrication. Just because the vehicle was well maintained doesn’t mean it didn’t run low on oil. Most people do not check their oil level on a regular basis.

svt10th

Reaction score
21N08 will show on every vehicle that qualifies for 21B10. That doesn’t mean it applies, only that it’s available if needed.

The shudder is caused by wear/damage to the cam journals. Cam journals don’t just become scored for no reason; it’s the direct result of a lack of lubrication. Just because the vehicle was well maintained doesn’t mean it didn’t run low on oil. Most people do not check their oil level on a regular basis.
What what be the fix for a truck with these symptoms assuming it has cam journal damage? Thanks

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I apologize if the format was incorrect but I did want to ask a question. Are you stating that poorly maintained vehicles are affected by this issue? My problem is that I had this issue and coincidentally dropped my truck off at a dealer, to get this issue fixed, yesterday morning right before the new FSA was issued. In addition, I am obsessed with my vehicle and spend a lot of time, money and energy maintaining it. Luckily, the new FSA fixed my issue. However, I am concerned that this community could be making assumptions about other people’s vehicles without any information.
If you spent more time on the forum and read more threads, you would recognize that is not the case here at all. This forum is very supportive of it's members and newbies, some newbies do come here from Ram forums to try to stir the pot, so we can be a bit on guard about that. Glad you care and maintain your Raptor properly.

Danactive

I'm Back!
Reaction score
i just got the 21N10 done the other day and i have a slight shudder at low RPM's and Low gears. taking it back in for the 21N08 this week and i'll update. since owning it i have been doing oil changes every 4k miles and had phasers done at 54K (currently 60K) hoping the 21N08 corrects the slight shudder. other than that i am still happy with the truck and hope this is hiccup resolves the issue. i'll update once i get it done on wednesday.

Danactive

I'm Back!
Reaction score
Got my 21N08 done today and although it’s too soon to be certain that it’s a permanent fix the shudder at low rpms has gone away and after my drive home (20ish miles) it didn’t happen. Fingers crossed it works for good!