GEN 2 FSA 21B10 (Cam Phasers) and a tune (Phishing?)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DINOZR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Because it’s his truck, he can do what ever he wants. Does not mean it wont come back to get him later, so the rules still apply (gotta o pay to play) Be ready to pay for it if they cover it all the better. I have had great luck with dealers “working with you”, find one that is helpful and stick with them.
Of course it's his truck and he can do whatever he wants. It's just a pretty wild ride that is very counter to how the tune/dealership interaction is usually perceived here. I'd say 90% of people are convinced that a dealer being aware of a tune immediately makes warranty work painful--and this case shows that is definitely not always true.

isis

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Of course it's his truck and he can do whatever he wants. It's just a pretty wild ride that is very counter to how the tune/dealership interaction is usually perceived here. I'd say 90% of people are convinced that a dealer being aware of a tune immediately makes warranty work painful--and this case shows that is definitely not always true.
My dealer just did the cam phaser update on my truck and asked me afterwards if it had a tune. I said yea I’d probably have to take it off for them to be able to reflash it. They said no it’s all done but you might want to uninstall it and then reinstall or else it might be shifting funny for a little bit. No other comments about it.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TwistAir

Latest posts