FSA 21B10 - Cam phaser update?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

isis

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Uh oh...you probably wont be able to uninstall the Accessport since it wont see anything to uninstall.

They shouldn't have flashed the truck without your permission (and it should be uninstalled before taking it in for a flash)
Yeah I kinda thought that might be the case. I didn’t take it in for a flash. I took it in for tires and an inspection. If I uninstalled it first it likely wouldn’t have passed emissions because all of the readiness flags would be reset. They didn’t tell me they were going to flash it, they just told me afterwards that it was a ‘recall’. I’ll see what it does tomorrow. I assume I’ll have to send the AP back to Cobb to be unmarried from my truck or something.

isis

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Shoot. Yeah reach out to COBB and see if they can help in any way
I’m not too concerned. They’re very helpful and have been around for a minute. I’m sure this isn’t the first time something like this has happened. It’ll probably cost a fee in addition to shipping but I’ve got other things to be annoyed about on a daily basis. I’ll call the dealership on Monday and ask them to remember to notify an owner if they’re going to do additional work before they do it. They basically did an unauthorized repair and should be on the hook but whatever. I’m not gonna make a big deal about it as long as I can get it resolved without buying a whole new AP. That would annoy me enough to make some noise.

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Took my truck in for tires and inspection and they did this without asking me. She texted me afterwards asking if I have a tune. I told her yes, and she said the did they update and it’s going to shift a little weird until I uninstall the tuner and then put it back on. It’s a little abrupt around 4th gear but seems ok. I’ll try to remove/reinstall the AP tomorrow. Seems weird they were able to do that. She also called it a recall.
@FordTechOne

Yep 21B10 is a recall. Hopefully Cobb will be able to straighten everything out in regards to the tune.

Last edited:

isis

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yep 21B10 is a recall. Hopefully Cobb will be able to straighten everything out in regards to the tune.

Yeah I kinda thought that might be the case. I didn’t take it in for a flash. I took it in for tires and an inspection. If I uninstalled it first it likely wouldn’t have passed emissions because all of the readiness flags would be reset. They didn’t tell me they were going to flash it, they just told me afterwards that it was a ‘recall’. I’ll see what it does tomorrow. I assume I’ll have to send the AP back to Cobb to be unmarried from my truck or something.

Let me know, please!
So the Accessport uninstalled just fine. I’m reinstalling it now. Glad I didn’t get myself too worried last night. Everything seems fine so far.

Edit: everything reinstalled just fine. Probably wasn’t even necessary but I’m glad for the peace of mind. Hopefully this post will help someone else’s anxiety if their dealer does the same thing. It’s no big deal. The AP recognized the truck and the map that was loaded even before I removed and reinstalled the Accessport.

Last edited:

JumpMaster82d

Reaction score
Took my 18' with 75k in on 10/07/2021 with a pretty harsh rattle, service advisor confirmed it. Said he would send it to Ford for approval and order the parts in the meantime. Called last week and he said that the parts for the cam phaser replacement are on backorder. Anybody else heard of the parts on BO in the last few weeks? Of course it wouldn't surprise me with all the COVID/port delays.

Turbogoat324

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just got the notice today. Are people doing this even if they already had the cam gears replaced? I had my gears replaced a year ago and I’m trying to figure out if I should get the reflash done too?

Woolaroc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just got the notice today. Are people doing this even if they already had the cam gears replaced? I had my gears replaced a year ago and I’m trying to figure out if I should get the reflash done too?

I got mine in the mail yesterday, haven't had any cam phaser issues and wondering the same. Is anyone having adverse effects from this being done to a 2020 that hasn't had the issues ?