FSA 21B10 - Cam phaser update?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

smgilles

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm on Ford pass but haven't received that message yet. I'm the secondowner of a 2017, dealer couldn't provide service records so I'm unsure if any cam phaser work was done. I came from a 5.4 3v and I DO NOT want to go through that goat FK again:biggun: @smgilles not to get off subject but your IWE grinding, does it sound like brake grinding during deceleration without the high pitch squeal? I think I'm having the same issue.....and before anyone gets on my ass yes I checked the brakes and rotors first. Plenty of pad left and rotor face is smooth as glass

Exact sound.

KODIAK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would really like to see the bottom of that sheet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Both pages are on the video. Second page has the service procedure. It’s basically “reprogram PCM using the latest IDS release”.
It got deleted out of Ford Pass on mine. Must be for 3.5 only and not the HO.

Bigs125

Reaction score
I got this notification too via FordPass. I haven’t had any issues but will talk with the dealership about this the next time I’m there for a service. Curious too see how this “update” affects the trucks.

Solidred

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Both pages are on the video. Second page has the service procedure. It’s basically “reprogram PCM using the latest IDS release”.
It got deleted out of Ford Pass on mine. Must be for 3.5 only and not the HO.

Deleted out of my FordPass also

smgilles

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Deleted out of mine too. I just dropped off at dealership for IWE’s. I was told only intervening if “concern” for cam phaser rattle on start up.

knock on wood I’m 72,000 miles.