FSA 21B10 - Cam phaser update?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I've had the waste gate rattle on my 2019 for a few months, dealer is aware. Did the 21N08SB2 in August. Had a very harsh cold start last week, the next day I took a video of the cold start and sent it to my SA. Have appt in two weeks for them to dig into it. Based on the interwebs, the cam phasers will be replaced. My truck is Ford CPO, bought at 14K, have just shy of 52K on the clock.
You have rattle on startup?

r3run33

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I posted another tread about the warranty; made appointment also but they are backed up from short staff; appointment not till 9/29

nikhsub1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So it's been 2-3 weeks since I had the software update done. If I'm being honest, the rattle happens much less frequently now. Instead of 70% on cold starts it's more like 1 in 5. Weird.

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So it's been 2-3 weeks since I had the software update done. If I'm being honest, the rattle happens much less frequently now. Instead of 70% on cold starts it's more like 1 in 5. Weird.
Maybe with the altered duty cycle from the new code, it may not be parking the phaser as often or in the same way upon motor shutdown.

So I had my update done. Never had a rattle and still don’t. But two more updates dropped into Ford pass the other day. One for the shutter, which @FordTechOne said to disregard if you don’t have problems and one for phaser replacement lol. Going to ignore both. I can only guess they are blanketing all trucks within the time frame of the faulty parts. I’m sure this would confuse the lay person not on a forum to have this knowledge.