FSA 21B10 - Cam phaser update?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

smgilles

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I got it on my 2017 too. I go in to the dealer for presumed IWE intermittent grinding tomorrow so I will see what this recall is at the same time. I will let you know - need to reprogram stage 2 map fist.

Sonicsunspot

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
2018 - I got the notification. My phasers have been done a couple times. Very interested to understand what this is. Software fixing a mechanical issue curious...

ReconReggie19

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm on Ford pass but haven't received that message yet. I'm the secondowner of a 2017, dealer couldn't provide service records so I'm unsure if any cam phaser work was done. I came from a 5.4 3v and I DO NOT want to go through that goat FK again:biggun: @smgilles not to get off subject but your IWE grinding, does it sound like brake grinding during deceleration without the high pitch squeal? I think I'm having the same issue.....and before anyone gets on my ass yes I checked the brakes and rotors first. Plenty of pad left and rotor face is smooth as glass

hardebeck

Reaction score
I literally just dropped my 2018 off this morning for a cam phaser appt I set up a month ago and the service advisor said "oh wait, we just got an FSA. I need to check to see if it applies." Ran my VIN and apparently not applicable to mine. Also warned me that it could take at least 2 weeks to turn my truck around but that's another issue.