FSA - 20M04 - POWER DOOR LOCK ACTUATOR FAILURE

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tibi Steri

Reaction score
Last night I checked my Ford Connect App and I've got the FSA 20M04 POWER DOOR LOCK ACTUATOR FAILURE warning... I tried finding any additional info and I couldn't find anything yet. I called the Ford dealer, the guy that I usually work with told me that he just retuned from vacation and he knows nothing about it... When I searched on Ford's website using the VIN I found exact same summary information, no details. Do any of you know any details about this new FSA 20M04?

noleraptor

Reaction score
I saw the same for my 2018 raptor in the app today, but no additional details are provided. I came here next to find out more information, but looks like we are all just getting this notification in the last couple of days.

OP
OP
Tibi Steri

Tibi Steri

Reaction score
Found from the dealer… is just an extended warranty for power door actuators. See below…2F44E55C-419E-4B43-BCB7-69E385FB33AD.jpegA0852D96-7B5D-4E72-878C-6DA6B5861AD9.jpeg

Last edited:

KCRaptor643

Reaction score
It sounds like one of those recalls that require service if broken. When I called the Ford dealer to repair the freezing door latch recall, they told me only come in if experiencing the issue.

OP
OP
Tibi Steri

Tibi Steri

Reaction score
It sounds like one of those recalls that require service if broken. When I called the Ford dealer to repair the freezing door latch recall, they told me only come in if experiencing the issue.
You are correct, same here (I was told not to show up if the truck has no door latch issues)! On the other hand I assume it depends on the dealer and how convincing you are in pleading your case. I got them to repair the freezing door latch recall (although did not experience the issue) and later on I discovered that the less I have them work on my car, the better. Since then I am trying to stick with ”if is not broken don’t fix it” principle.

ripleytate

Reaction score
This only covers door actuators. The tailgate actuators are not included even though they should be. I have bought many, many Fords, but this might be the last time since their customer services has tanked.

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
This only covers door actuators. The tailgate actuators are not included even though they should be. I have bought many, many Fords, but this might be the last time since their customer services has tanked.

Should be based on what? They don’t issue extended recalls for one offs.

FranktheFord

Reaction score
Came for this information. My tailgate actuator isn't working 95% of the time.

richardt

Reaction score
I called dealer since I got mail at home about this recall. Its meant for cold climate states. I have a Canadian market F150 so I go the notice, but I live in AZ (where most of state is warm) now and AZ dealers not authorized to apply the recall fix.

OP
OP
Tibi Steri

Tibi Steri

Reaction score
I did hear that nonsense from my dealer for the FSA related with latch freeze… I am located in California and I just told them that I am going to ski during winter so they did perform the FSA anyway. For this one with the door power lock actuator they just told me that Ford will only repair it if is broken. So, if you have any issue with a door power lock actuator (not tailgate), I would definitely have them cut the cr@p and perform the FSA. If you did not have any trouble with any of our truck’s door actuators then the best thing to do is ignore this FSA and go on with your life, undisturbed. :)