FSA - 20M04 - POWER DOOR LOCK ACTUATOR FAILURE

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rpaez

Reaction score
Is it possible that the repair of this item would cause the door to not close properly? im currently test driving a 2018 f150 that has this "20M04 POWER DOOR LOCK ACTUATOR FAILURE" work done on the car fax report. The door does close, but i feel its not a tight seal. I had thought it was in a wreck at first so i pulled the carfax and it came out clean. Just wondering if they might of mucked with the door seal or hinges.

Muchmore

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Is it possible that the repair of this item would cause the door to not close properly? im currently test driving a 2018 f150 that has this "20M04 POWER DOOR LOCK ACTUATOR FAILURE" work done on the car fax report. The door does close, but i feel its not a tight seal. I had thought it was in a wreck at first so i pulled the carfax and it came out clean. Just wondering if they might of mucked with the door seal or hinges.
I doubt with doing an actuator. BUt they are highly adjustable to open and close right, easier said than done I can never find the right combination of up-down left-right adjustment to make it sit correctly.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Maybe.

It did for me, but I had put Dynamat on my door panels and I cut it really tight to some door latch parts, causing some drag.

I had another, separate issue once. For weeks, my wife would close the passenger door and it would bounce and not close. I’d walk around, close it and she would storm off in a huff. So, on the 2nd door latch recall I took the truck in and found this issue.

Since I had the previous issue with Dynamat, when I got the truck, I open / closed all the doors. From the outside, everything worked but for some strange reason it occurred to me to open all the doors from the inside.
I pulled the passenger door closed after opening from the inside and - voila - it would not latch and bounced back open. I got the S/A and we replicated it. he got the mechanic and then service mangler and we were all scratching our heads. Mechanic took it back in and about 10 minutes on diagnosed a work out internal door handle cable; there’s one for each handle.

Replaced the cable the next day, have not had the issue since.