Front Windsheild Tint

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BajaFred

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not sure where you get your information... Tex DOT

Windshields

Sunscreening devices can be applied to the windshield if all of the conditions below are met.

• Sunscreening devices must be applied above the AS-1 line. If there is no AS-1 line, sunscreening devices must end five inches below the top of the windshield.
  • Sunscreening devices may not be red, amber, or blue in color.
  • Sunscreening devices, when measured in combination with the original glass, must have a light transmittance value of 25% or more.
  • Sunscreening devices, when measured in combination with the original glass, must have a luminous reflectance value of 25% or less.
  • A clear (un-tinted) UV film is allowed anywhere on the front windshield without a medical exemption being required.

Id say you fine with a low tint ceramic for the IR benefit alone

My question is how many guys get stone chips? My buddies F-150 (2014) is a magnet to them. I don't want to pay to tint the windshield with ceramic and then it gets wasted by rocks.

I remember somewhere there was a film that prevented a lot of stone chips and was made for windshields. Not sure if that would make the window too distorted between two layers of film

I have Bray on the outside and air 80 tint on the inside

I consider myself very particular when it comes to visual clarity thru my WS and it was barely noticeable after install and now it doesn’t register at all

Sasha4

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have Bray on the outside and air 80 tint on the inside

I consider myself very particular when it comes to visual clarity thru my WS and it was barely noticeable after install and now it doesn’t register at all

That’s great news. I’ll look up Bray and see where I can have that applied. Thanks!

samoanfro

Reaction score
I tinted my windshield with Ceramic tint and I love it. I didnt put it on the a reduction in heat, more for saving my dash over time.

Tlh235

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just had the tint that does the reduction in heat effect. Ziebart did it. 80% on windshield.

Un Gato Malodoro

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Curious if anyone installed Spectra Photosync on their Raptor? I installed this on my M5 and my Supersnake and loved it - the UV ray protection/heat rejection are top notch - but not sure how the blue-ish tint will look on magnetic grey. Thanks in advance.

mmayo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
has anyone figured out a way to adjust the sensitivity of the auto on/off for the headlights?