Front Wheel Air Dam?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

deucedevil

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It seems that Ford had to add Air Dams to the front bumper, probably for C.A.F.E. standards, on the Gen 3 based on what I've seen in pictures and videos. Can any current owners speak to these pieces? It does look like they might be a separate piece that is easily removable on its own. Obviously takes away from the aggressive look if there IMO.

Littlefx4

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It seems that Ford had to add Air Dams to the front bumper, probably for C.A.F.E. standards, on the Gen 3 based on what I've seen in pictures and videos. Can any current owners speak to these pieces? It does look like they might be a separate piece that is easily removable on its own. Obviously takes away from the aggressive look if there IMO.
They are separate pieces held on by 10mm bolts. One member here has already removed them and I will do the same when I get my truck back from ppf install.

OP
OP
deucedevil

deucedevil

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They are separate pieces held on by 10mm bolts. One member here has already removed them and I will do the same when I get my truck back from ppf install.
Thanks. I tried to search the forum because I figured it was an easy answer but could not find any info. Totally agree on removing and glad it is so easy.

Dalejbrass

Reaction score
Excuse the dumb questions….but, what is the purpose of the wheel dam from the factory? What are the benefits of removing them?

jjslat

Reaction score
Removed mine first hour I owned the truck. They are likely on their to add .05 MPG’s on the hwy, idk but they look bad IMO.

JerseyMike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Non fog lights don’t have them, so I’m leaning towards it being needed to protect the lights or for aero/wind noise.
Interesting, I may have to take a closer look when I get my truck and consider keeping them if they serve a purpose….unless. Aero changes with the open fogs and they found they only helped when with fogs

paulny

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did anyone find out the real purpose of these air dams? I would like to remove them as well. However, if they actually serve a meaningful purpose, I will leave them.