Front vs. Front & Rear 3.0 shock upgrade

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nikhsub1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I did. Since I did the work myself, and the shocks must come out to replace the UCA I figured it was the right time to do them, whether you want to or not as doing it later requires to remove the shocks again and it is a PITA.

Jonesy_PNW

Reaction score
I still have stock UCA up front.

I did. Since I did the work myself, and the shocks must come out to replace the UCA I figured it was the right time to do them, whether you want to or not as doing it later requires to remove the shocks again and it is a PITA.

Any issues with running the stock UCAs?

And yes 100% agree the damn struts are a pain to take out lol

Christyle

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you had a stock f150 you'd notice it a lot more. The rear shocks on the raptor are already a decently tuned shock, so adding nicer front shocks isnt nearly as big of a change to the truck's balance. It is a big upgrade to the fronts though, as it really gives it more fluid volume to work with, making them not fade so quickly. I've been running 3.0 fronts and deavers/bumps rear for a year now, no problems. No real desire to drop the coin on new rear shocks, mostly because i'm not getting the truck out as often as I hoped...

KBernard

Reaction score
I ran my truck for a couple days with just the fronts waiting on the rears to show up. I didn’t notice any performance issue not running front and rear. It feels much better with front and rear obviously but it functioned fine.
I have the Fox 3.0 Live valves with stock backs and my trucks is perfectly fine. I have 3 turns down on the pre load collars and its level and rides perfect.