Front tire wear problems

Discussion in 'Ford Raptor Problems and Questions Forum' started by McDowell, Apr 17, 2014.

1. 6point2

6point2 Full Access Member

Same here. Did it at low perch and it does it now at mid perch.

2. McDowell

McDowell Full Access Member

Wtf

Sent from my iPhone

3. sanddunesaddict

sanddunesaddict Member

everyone Ive put on the alignment rack(about 30-40) are toe'd out from the factory.
    I lower the air pressure to 30-33 psi and recalibrate the tpms. of course the customer has to agree to this but they are D rated tires they can handle it just fine unless youre going to be at 100mph all day long.
    also getting the tires rotated every 3k will help.

4. McDowell

Thanks man

Sent from my iPhone

5. Baja Jones

Baja Jones Full Access Member

Everyone is missing this. The truck properly aligned at any ride height will not prematurely wear the tires. A tire sitting flat on the ground with proper toe Wears just fine, provided you are not taking exit ramps at mach II. The factory alignment slots in the frame are a worthless attempt at retaining front end alignment on an off-road vehicle. Just riding a burmed corner to hard will cause lower A arm movement and alignment change. Total Chaos Fabrication is making an eccentric lower control arm bolt with a pair of weld on guides that will not allow the lower A arm to slide when you take a shot to the bottom of the tire. Not on their web site yet but call them and get in line. Do not install the bolt on fix with the eccentric on the nut. The control arm turns the bolt and when they fall off you are screwed. Fixed a couple at TRR 14 one where the lower control arm bolt fell out. Don't let flat rate techs align your vehicle. When you bring it back after 2 weeks and 1500 miles they get charged back. So they give it a sun bath and hand it back to you. Firestone Tire stores have a lifetime alignment package for around $170. They used to cringe when they saw me coming. After the Chaos kit not so much.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 24, 2014
  6. McDowell

this is very helpful thank you very much!

7. ISFast

ISFast FRF Addict

Double and Triple check with what ever Firestone shop you go too! I had a NIGHTMARE come to reality when I went there to get the "lifetime" alignment. Long story short... They had to by me all 4 new wheels and didn't even get the alignment started.

8. McDowell

Holy shit how did u get that to happen

Sent from my iPhone

9. Red

Red FRF Addict

I think they scratched up his wheels.

10. stevright

stevright Member

As we speak my 2018 Raptor is in because there is cupping on this inside tread on the front tires. When it goes in for oil we rotate the tires. 10k miles on it and its very noticeable. Just looking at the front of the truck you can see how the tires are toed in at the top. My first Raptor and my last. Not at all impressed by the 3.5 liter twin turbo.