Front tire skipping & clanging noise coming from front end?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
C

Corey Baldyga

Reaction score
I shoveled out the dirt and drove through it after rocking back and forth a bit, probably not the smartest method but it worked. The front wheels were free-hanging over the other side as it was beached on the frame rails. I can post a few pictures of the front end in a few minutes if it would help

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I shoveled out the dirt and drove through it after rocking back and forth a bit, probably not the smartest method but it worked. The front wheels were free-hanging over the other side as it was beached on the frame rails. I can post a few pictures of the front end in a few minutes if it would help
Post some pics, that would help lots.

GCATX

King Dingaling
Reaction score
Have a buddy saw the steering wheel back and forth while you lay on the ground. Take pic of the part that is skipping and post it here.

BillVickers

Reaction score
Check where the ABS sensor meets the toner ring. Dirt or rocks probably got between the ring and sensor and damaged the sensor.

OP
OP
C

Corey Baldyga

Reaction score
They've been bent for years and it hasn't been an issue. I sprayed down the area with Amsoil MP and it got rid of the noise, but there is still skipping/chatter in the passenger side wheel when it turns, and it is somewhat noticeable in the steering wheel when almost at a full turn.
Would you think that indicates that an internal seal in the rack is leaking?

SS308

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My bad, I meant the tire skips heavily when I turn the wheel while the truck is not moving. I also do not have 4wd, my truck has been converted to 2wd with a Brenthel/Bajakits long travel kit.

I'm perplexed. Is it just me but, why in the world would you convert a Raptor to 2wd?!
That's like cutting the balls off a bull and then telling it to go breed... :banghead:

OP
OP
C

Corey Baldyga

Reaction score
I'm perplexed. Is it just me but, why in the world would you convert a Raptor to 2wd?!
That's like cutting the balls off a bull and then telling it to go breed... :banghead:
I know people who have had numerous issues with 4wd long travel systems after extensive jumping and baja driving. I have never been in a situation where I have needed 4wd either.