Front suspension rattle

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
rstiehler

rstiehler

Reaction score
Had this on my 2018 Raptor. There was a rattle from the front left area of the truck when going over small bumps or uneven roads (bricks) the culprit was loose brake caliper clamps. They aren't sold separately so the dealership just replaced both front brakes under my warranty.
I thought about that but I would think the noise would stop when on the brakes if it was caliper related... Mine does it in or off the brakes

Blkshp18

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Someone mentioned in a different thread that there are two springs that run along the frame, underneath the driver door that tend to rattle when in drive. Possibly attached the brake lines.

JohnyPython

FRF Addict
Reaction score
@rstiehler I had the front anti sway bar end links replaced under warranty. Rattle gone.

Grab a hold of the end links - if you can feel play, they’re pooched.

16356657-DED9-4352-A152-0853E7C72AB3.jpeg

svt1998gt

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Subscribed I am going on the same hunt as well.

Removed the skid playe found a broken catch nut, replaced with an auto zone replacement that's comes as one unit.

Replaced sway bar end links no dice, I saw the springs that are attached to the brake lines that @Blkshp18 mentioned but that's a different tone that I think OP is talking about.

@rstiehler were you able to crack this one? I am looking at replacing the front brake pads tomorrow.

Here is YT video of another person that had the same tone as what I am hearing but end links that diagnosed his noise hasn't fixed mine.

Thanks and hopefully this will crack the rattle noise.

Badgertits

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I get some of this feeling but only when going over fairly rough stuff but I “feel” something clunking through the steering wheel
If that makes sense

COLORAP303

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have had this in my 17 for 6 months now. I checked all bolts and nothing loose. Thought for sure it was a rock on top of a skid plate but no dice. Just realized today it does not make any noise with the slightest press of the brakes while going over bumps. I’m going to try to adjust my pad clips tomorrow.