Front suspension rattle

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NC_RAPTOR704

Reaction score
I get some of this feeling but only when going over fairly rough stuff but I “feel” something clunking through the steering wheel
If that makes sense
I know exactly what you’re talking about. Had my sway bars replaced when my mechanic was installing my SVC bumper. Everything was great and then one day backing down the driveway cut the steering wheel sharp before my front tires hit the street asphalt. As soon as they came down over that hump turned I heard a metal on metal crash on the front left side. Now I feel like my alignment is a little off. Can feel a little clunk somewhere in the steering wheel when turning. And when I hit a pothole or something while driving occasionally I hear that metal on metal sound coming from the front left suspension. Driving me crazy.

Typr04

Reaction score
This is my first post... Just purchased a 2018 raptor, pretty prominent rattle in left front suspension when the suspension travel is not heavily loaded (like traveling on a brick road. .. have not been able to isolate it.. I drid replace the sway bar link but no change... Anyone experience this type of noise?
Does it sound like this. Mine is doing this and no one knows what it is yet.

Attachments

• IMG_9811.MOV
    8.2 MB

Typr04

Reaction score
My 2019 is doing this—you ever sort it out?
Nope. Dealer replaced front axles and wheel bearings, Sway bar end links And removed and lubed brake calipers, pads and the caliper pin. They even adjusted the two piece rims? Also tightened and sound proofed the brake cables. All under warranty but it’s still there. I personally think it’s something in the brakes as it doesn’t make the sound if I’m on the brakes. No matter how slight I’m pressing them.

julien194b

Full Access Member
Reaction score