Front shocks not torqued enough - SYMPTOMS??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

19RaptorPB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I installed a set of Eibach springs a little over a month ago. I immediately got an alignment and I don't think they went per the Eibach spec, rather just tried to get as close to zero as possible. In addition, I didn't have a torque wrench that went up to 400 ft. lbs. and I just used a cheater bar and cranked on them pretty good. I have noticed that it can seem a little spongy and unsure of itself up front when going into turns at higher speeds. I am wondering if it's because the alignment spec is off or maybe the shocks aren't torqued enough. What would the symptoms of these be? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

oxfordraptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yeah I’d imagine that would be the end result so thanks for the obvious. My question is would there be any amount of play or movement if they weren’t torqued to spec?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
It was a joke obviously. Yes you would see play if they’re loose and could snap the bolt. Easy fix though torque em down.

OP
OP
19RaptorPB

19RaptorPB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It was a joke obviously. Yes you would see play if they’re loose and could snap the bolt. Easy fix though torque em down.

I know it was a joke.... I guess I’ll have to buy a 3/4” torque wrench to get to the 400ft lb. spec. Any thoughts about the alignment not being exactly to Eibach specs?

OP
OP
19RaptorPB

19RaptorPB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’ve got a 3/8” and 1/2” torque wrench but the highest I can go is about 250 ft lbs. I need to get to 400ft lbs. correct?

allinon72

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Eibach has nothing to do with the alignment specs. The alignment shop will pull up the factory alignment specs for your truck and adjust as necessary.

OP
OP
19RaptorPB

19RaptorPB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Eibach has nothing to do with the alignment specs. The alignment shop will pull up the factory alignment specs for your truck and adjust as necessary.

The Eibach springs actually come with their own alignment specs and they are different than the factory specs...