Front Rotors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Semperfi88

Reaction score
I bought my 2020 Raptor new about 1yr ago. I'm currently getting new wheels and tires when the tech came in to let me know my front rotors are badly grooved for having only 20k on them.
Anyone out there having issues with original factory rotors so soon?

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I bought my 2020 Raptor new about 1yr ago. I'm currently getting new wheels and tires when the tech came in to let me know my front rotors are badly grooved for having only 20k on them.
Anyone out there having issues with original factory rotors so soon?
Was this at a dealer or aftermarket shop? As long as the grooves aren’t deeper than minimum rotor thickness (32mm), there is no need to replace the rotors. Sounds like they were trying to upsell work.

OP
OP
Semperfi88

Semperfi88

Reaction score
Was this at a dealer or aftermarket shop? As long as the grooves aren’t deeper than minimum rotor thickness (32mm), there is no need to replace the rotors. Sounds like they were trying to upsell work.
Yes, not at a Ford dealer but I walked out there with them and I've seen my share of rotors in my life, and these look like 60k mile rotors not 20k!

esigfrid250

Reaction score
I had the same problem (front grooved rotors)on my 2020 at 12,000 miles. Ford said it was cosmetic and not a warranty issue! Ended up saying F-it and put on power stop Z36 on all four corners. I'm very happy with my decision. But I think it is unacceptable to have to do this so soon on a brand new truck. Oh well!

Attachments

• brake 1.jpg
    brake 1.jpg
    188.8 KB · Views: 33
  • brake 2.jpg
    brake 2.jpg
    177.2 KB · Views: 33

MurderedOutSVT

Brodozin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I had the same problem (front grooved rotors)on my 2020 at 12,000 miles. Ford said it was cosmetic and not a warranty issue! Ended up saying F-it and put on power stop Z36 on all four corners. I'm very happy with my decision. But I think it is unacceptable to have to do this so soon on a brand new truck. Oh well!
I'm shopping for some drilled/slotted rotors. Does that company make Gen1's? Mind if I ask how much$$?

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It is just cosmetic, braking function and performance is unaffected unless the scoring exceeds minimum rotor thickness.

The most common cause is debris getting between the pads and rotors, which is not a warrantable issue regardless.