Front plate relocation?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

realjones88

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have mine over the grill in stock location. Never had any issues and you won't have any just driving on streets. If you are offroading you can always just take it off (I leave it on again no issues).

SoxFan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did you just screw it into the bumper or use a nut and bolt? My friend also has one of those aluminum siding breaks. I can make a nice bent to profile the skid plate.

I bought a cheap bracket on Amazon, and bent it, tapped the bumper behind the mesh, no issues for the last year

EastEndAngler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
there was just another thread about this but I'll offer the same piece of advice....

hands down the best solution is from @Swarfworks

rs=w:600,h:600

url

https://swarfworks.com/shop/ols/products/2017-ford-raptor-front-license-plate-relocation

OP
OP
M

McM

Full Access Member
Reaction score

FDHog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's what I went with. Didn't want the plate off to the side, but in the end, it's just a license plate.

richnot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yea maybe something like this. Found a old plate laying around and bent it. Maybe get the grill mount one then bend it down when the skid plate starts. I don’t want to drill into the bumper View attachment 149984View attachment 149985View attachment 149986
I have seen this done on Raptors and other vehicles using industrial grade Velcro, professional quality from a supplier like McMaster Carr. There is a nice Ratrod that`s around on Friday cruise night and he used 3M bonding adhesive to keep his on and I think it`s like one with the car, never coming off

https://www.mcmaster.com/hook-and-loop
If you ever need any special hardware this is the place to find it. Along with everything else imaginable

I had moved mine over to the lower side but don`t like the off center look

Last edited: