Front mudflaps, Gen1

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mprice1234

Gen 1 Rules
Reaction score
Guys... yes, I think I may have tripped over that thread. We needn't go there, lol As always, I had been looking online at numerous options. However, I got lucky and saw a regular f150 with bolt-on fender arches... and flaps as well. It was parked, so I took a close look.
They were made by Husky, and the impressive thing was that they are *long*... sort of a combination flap and fender extension.
I could tell by the truck I was looking at that they were very effective... and they extend considerably. At $40ish, I figured worth a shot... and I can trim them down if needed. They were the first I've seen that go up into the arch as well, so I think the results should be good, assuming that the material is rugged enough.

Side note... every time I post, I check the box for immediate email notification of a response, and I've done it on several other threads (headers and blowers specifically). However, I never get any notifications. I must be missing something..?

Thanks again... appreciate the input
Dave
I like the Husky liners and think they are about the best you're going to get for what you want. When I ordered mine, I only wanted to use the factory screws that were already there because I didn't want to drill into my truck anywhere keeping it 100% stock everywhere.

Evil Peaches

Reaction score
I bought a set of universal Rally Armor mud-flaps on Amazon for around $30. Installed some rivnuts in the fender for quick removal and everything is holding up well. I’ll snap some pictures in a few minutes. I used another members post on here as a reference because he did a very in depth tutorial. It’s really cut down on the debris spraying up the side of the truck.

TomDirt

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I've been thinking about getting some Rokblokz myself, but I'm also curious to see what others are using.
I got a set of those Rokblokz for my 1st gen tacoma. It had fiberglass bedsides with a 4" bulge and their generic "large" set was a nice fit. Unfortunately, I didn't get a picture before I sold it. They're pricey, but a solid design.

BSRKNU-big scotty

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
@yoopercharged I like the whip on the front, is that the OHV rules in MI ? I been noticing alot from there mounted that way, I think coming over a dune in Glamis it would be much more visible that way, and seen faster by oncoming buggies or trucks. Can you tell me which whip and is that the good old plumbing insulation for hood protection ?

yoopercharged

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@yoopercharged I like the whip on the front, is that the OHV rules in MI ? I been noticing alot from there mounted that way, I think coming over a dune in Glamis it would be much more visible that way, and seen faster by oncoming buggies or trucks. Can you tell me which whip and is that the good old plumbing insulation for hood protection ?
Yeah, Michigan DNR requires the flags at the front in scramble areas. Honestly I have no clue what the whip is. I had borrowed that one for the day, but yes it's just pipe insulation I got from Lowe's. It's less bulky/ugly than the pool noodles that some others use.

BSRKNU-big scotty

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah, Michigan DNR requires the flags at the front in scramble areas. Honestly I have no clue what the whip is. I had borrowed that one for the day, but yes it's just pipe insulation I got from Lowe's. It's less bulky/ugly than the pool noodles that some others use.
Great thanks, I think I'll just mount it pretty far out in front of the hood even with that insulation that sand will get everywhere. Even though to go out in the sand and be too worried about scratching it is something I worry less and less about with every trip ! Not a hill queen as we say, drive to comp and sit there and polish it !!