Front mudflaps, Gen1

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

djdawson2

Reaction score
Hey Guys,

I'm coming "back to the well" for some more insight... this forum is one of the best I've ever experienced. I did search for postings on this topic, but wasn't able to draw any conclusions, other than "uncool" and "mall-crawling"... etc...

I've got wheels that stick out a little further than OE, and I happen to live at 9000ft at the end of a dirt (frequently mud) road. Back on my radar, as we've already had 2 snows in excess of a foot up here... and our road turns to a swamp. The mud engulfs everything, from the door mirrors, all the way up the sides, coating the front door glass... everything. Even the cab steps become almost unusable. Hit one of the road's tight corners, and it's throwing it airborne. No good.

I don't care about the rear, but I can't deal with this quantity of mud covering the entire truck every time it goes up or down my hill... this will be a *daily* problem throughout the winter.

Any advice greatly appreciated!
Dave

Jhollowell

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i found some generic auto parts store mud flaps that fit perfect. i remember seeing a post on here about them but doubt i can find it again. I'd do some google searching but i know you can find mud flaps for our trucks for about 17 bucks a pair.

TAC71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The previous owner put on a full set of official Ford Raptor rubber mudflaps on my Raptor. I am not a fan of mudflaps and I would have preferred plain black ones. But sometimes you gotta live with them. I often drive a 450 mile roundtrip through the mountains in the winter. They spare no sand and salt on that highway, so it's basically a sandblaster with an oxidizer.
They make a huge difference in keeping most of the crap off.

mprice1234

Gen 1 Rules
Reaction score
I've had my mud flaps on since my 2010 was new so I don't remember what brand they were. Really any flap brand is better than no flaps and I feel the back are as important as the front as to save paint finish. Basically, you have two choices rubber or harder plastic, and both have their pluses and minuses. I won't go into the "flap" of which is better I'll leave that can of worms for someone else to open.

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've had my mud flaps on since my 2010 was new so I don't remember what brand they were. Really any flap brand is better than no flaps and I feel the back are as important as the front as to save paint finish. Basically, you have two choices rubber or harder plastic, and both have their pluses and minuses. I won't go into the "flap" of which is better I'll leave that can of worms for someone else to open.
but but but...... that thread was so entertaining

OP
OP
D

djdawson2

Reaction score
Guys... yes, I think I may have tripped over that thread. We needn't go there, lol As always, I had been looking online at numerous options. However, I got lucky and saw a regular f150 with bolt-on fender arches... and flaps as well. It was parked, so I took a close look.
They were made by Husky, and the impressive thing was that they are *long*... sort of a combination flap and fender extension.
I could tell by the truck I was looking at that they were very effective... and they extend considerably. At $40ish, I figured worth a shot... and I can trim them down if needed. They were the first I've seen that go up into the arch as well, so I think the results should be good, assuming that the material is rugged enough.

Side note... every time I post, I check the box for immediate email notification of a response, and I've done it on several other threads (headers and blowers specifically). However, I never get any notifications. I must be missing something..?

Thanks again... appreciate the input
Dave