Front lights combination advice

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
I know the book says not to stand on the front bumper cutouts...but some rules are meant to be broken.
I’ve always understood the owners manual to be akin to The Pirate Code; that is to say, more like guidelines.

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Looking for advice. I have zero experience with offroad lighting. I'm wanting to put some lights up front. Bumper and then A-pillar; no interest in filling the fog light holes at this time. My primary application is use out at a dusty south Texas ranch where there are some open stretches of dirt road but also quite a few trails weaving through wooded (mesquite/brush) areas; which I'm constantly missing my turns and having to turn around. Due to summer heat we go out and fill feeders at night, and my OEM lighting is lacking. Also, I do beach trips to an area that has long empty stretches of beach and it can be difficult to see there too.

So, for front bumper mount (Nfab or similar) I know I want to have four 6 inch round lights and I'm leaning towards the Baja Designs LP6s. For aesthetics I'd like to have two white lights and two amber lights; but I dont know if the amber colored lights should be Driving/Combo beam or Spot beam? I'm just not sure if I really have enough need for a set of spot lights up front. Maybe both sets should be Driving/Combo...just one set white and one set amber for dust/fog??...

I might even opt for the Rigid 360 series to save a few dollars and because their backlight option looks a little cleaner. BUT I think the BD LP6 series cast a wider angle of perifial light that could help me see off to the sides a little better. Anyone have a comment about that? Do the BD really throw some light to the sides or is it just gimmick?

Regarding the A-pillars...I had in mind to add some lights up there angled slightly outwards so that I could better see where the trail entrance are before I pass them. I see them referred to as "ditch lights" and that kinda describes my application; but it looks like the a-pillars would also be ideal for spot lights. For those who are experienced what is a better usage for the a-pillars?

Check out our site we've got TONS of lighting kits in stock ready to ship:

https://www.4x4truckleds.com/led-au...gns/vehicle-kits/2017-2020-ford-f-150-raptor/

Shoot me a message and we can help design the perfect setup for you.

Rausch1.jpg

OP
OP
7six2

7six2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
UPDATE: I purchased a Swarfworks front bumper light mount, two Baja Designs LP6 amber driving/combo, and two Lp6 clear spot. That should give me a significant boost in light output for now. The a pillar lights, rear lights, and rock lights will all have to wait. Ultimately chose Baja Designs because of the light output, spread, and ease of changing lenses. I'm passing on the camera relocation until I've had a chance to try going without.

OP
OP
7six2

7six2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Heres a question...I want the BD backlighting to turn on with my regular parking lights; not with an upfitter. Whats a good place to tap into the parking light circuit??