Front lighting with frame-cut bumper

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
C

Cody Templeton

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Watching that video I'd say I've got a fair bit of it covered -

Zone 1 - amber wide cornerning Squadron Sport on the bumper + white Rigid 40" light bar behind the grille (this thing covers Zone 3 pretty well too since it has spots and floods)
Zone 3 - white combo/driving Squadron Sport on the bumper + Morimoto headlights on low beam
Zone 4 - Morimoto headlights on high beam

I don't go fast enough offroad to need long distance lighting like Zone 5 stuff, or barely even Zone 4 for that matter. I think mostly what I'm missing is just more lighting in the Zone 2 cornering area. I guess I'll just bite the bullet and get the A-pillar lights since that seems to be the best option that will help cover that area without getting glare off the hood or windshield since the lights can easily be angled to cover it.

OP
OP
C

Cody Templeton

FRF Addict
Reaction score
After reading a bit more on BD's webside I'm thinking maybe a pair of Squadron Sport white wide cornering angled outwards on the A-pillar might be the last thing I'm missing. I don't really see myself needing any Zone 4 or above spot lighting since I don't go fast offroad.

Nex

RIP CoronaRaptor
Reaction score
Kind of. From the BD website.

Squadron Sport utilizes 4 LEDs producing an impressive 3,150 lumens at 26 watts per light, making it ideal for near field, side/backup and scene lighting application.

XL80 Four Cree LEDs inside push out 9,500 lumens of brilliant illumination. The combination of 9,500 lumens per light and a small profile makes them a fantastic option for forward-projection lighting

OP
OP
C

Cody Templeton

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Kind of. From the BD website.

Squadron Sport utilizes 4 LEDs producing an impressive 3,150 lumens at 26 watts per light, making it ideal for near field, side/backup and scene lighting application.

XL80 Four Cree LEDs inside push out 9,500 lumens of brilliant illumination. The combination of 9,500 lumens per light and a small profile makes them a fantastic option for forward-projection lighting

Gotcha. Seems like the XL80's would be excellent for spots too since they are extremely bright.