Front lighting for frame cut bumper?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
C

Cody Templeton

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Thinking of going with a pair of amber Baja Designs Squadron Sports in a wide cornering pattern.

With the Morimoto XB headlights I've got a ton of medium/long range white light that's very bright and won't blind people for normal driving. I've got he Rigid 40" light bar behind the grille that's insanely bright and provides a lot of short/medium range white flood/spot lighting, but can't be used in traffic. I'd like an amber fog light that can take care of short range driving light to round out the setup. I don't feel like a set of white "fog" lights will do much to add to the setup.

I was looking at the Squadron Pro's but I'm not sure if a 4600 lumen fog light will be necessary considering the Sports are 3100 lumens, but also cost 170 dollars less per pair. For that kind of money I can almost buy two sets of Squadron Sports for the cost of a single pair of Pros. As far as Rigid goes their fog lights are 300 per pair and about the same lumen rating as the Squadron Sports.

B E N

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Those fogs are not DOT legal, the Squadron SAE and Rigid SAE SR are DOT legal. You will still probably **** people off with them.

OP
OP
C

Cody Templeton

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Has anyone been able to get more short/medium distance lighting out of LED pod lights without blinding people? My headlights have plenty of medium/long distance, but the 40" Rigid light bar is far too bright and not concentrated to use on road. I know I can get the Baja Designs Squadron Sport amber wide-cornering pods mounted low and aimed downwards they won't blind anyone, but I figured if I could potentially get more white "driving" light on the road and still be "legal" it would be nice.

OP
OP
C

Cody Templeton

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Ended up ordering a pair of Baja Designs Squadron Sport amber wide cornering and a pair of Baja Designs Squadron Sport clear driving/combo from Off Road Alliance. I figured the Morimoto XB headlights will give me plenty of medium/long range lighting on road, the clear driving/combo's can be adjusted down a bit to provide short/medium range lighting on road, the amber wider cornering can be used instead of the clear driving/combo in fog/snow/dust conditions, and then I have the 40" Rigid light bar behind the front grille for off-road full front lighting.

BenBB

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ended up ordering a pair of Baja Designs Squadron Sport amber wide cornering and a pair of Baja Designs Squadron Sport clear driving/combo from Off Road Alliance. I figured the Morimoto XB headlights will give me plenty of medium/long range lighting on road, the clear driving/combo's can be adjusted down a bit to provide short/medium range lighting on road, the amber wider cornering can be used instead of the clear driving/combo in fog/snow/dust conditions, and then I have the 40" Rigid light bar behind the front grille for off-road full front lighting.
Pics? Thinking I may go a similar route with a pair of fogs. Just mounted a 30” bar in an SVC Baja bumper, some closer/lower light would be nice on road.