Help Support Ford Raptor Forum by donating:

Front lighting for frame cut bumper?

Discussion in 'Ford Raptor Lighting Modifications Forum [GEN 1]' started by Cody Templeton, Nov 15, 2020.

KC HiLiTES
  1. Cody Templeton

Cody Templeton Full Access Member

Looking for suggestions for front lighting for a frame cut bumper. I've got the Morimoto XB headlights and a 40" Rigid light bar mounted behind the grille so far. Thinking I could maybe use some amber "fog" lights mounted to the tube bumper to give me some more driving light rather than just off road. The 40" Rigid bar seems to provide plenty of light for off road driving, but I wouldn't mind actual fog lights. What are you guys using?

2. 4x4TruckLEDs.com

4x4TruckLEDs.com Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

If you want street legal fogs, go with the Baja Designs SAE. They are not the brightest because they are acting as FOG lights, but they are street legal.

Or if you have room for 2 sets of lights, do a set of SAE and then a set of Squdaron Pros in DC. This gives you street legal fogs and then lights you can use when you are alone (sort of like high beams) without having to turn on the 40" bar

We have plenty in stock at our website

3. Cody Templeton

Bump for options. For those of you with frame cut bumpers, what did you do for your front lighting?

4. D3 SS 3D

D3 SS 3D Full Access Member

Most of the frame cuts I’ve seen, minus a small few, have either cut outs / slots for lights or add ons that let you run additional lights.

5. Cody Templeton

I was just curious because I know I can obviously drill through the tube and mount lights or I can probably get ones that would clamp on, but I wanted to see some setups on other Raptors. Mine is just a straight tube across the valance, so it doesn't have a light mounting bar or anything like that.

6. JefeAZ

JefeAZ Full Access Member

Love the Baja Squadron Sports. Not street legal though. I had Evil MFG add brackets to the Hellion bumper

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

CoreyMac and Rick Luna like this.
  7. Cody Templeton

Yea, I'm thinking of just going that route with mine. I'm really just looking for fogs since I've already got a 40" Rigid light bar behind the grille along with the Morimoto XB headlights.

8. PorterW1111

PorterW1111 Full Access Member

Fogs under the tube. I welded on some trick tabs vs drilling a hole in the tube. Mine technically aren’t street legal. But I just pointed them at the ground more and I haven’t been pulled over.

Ambers are way more fun than white lights lol

9B794767-7CCC-4941-81B3-012C7DA7E0DF.jpeg

CoreyMac and SVTWillis like this.
  9. Cody Templeton

I'll probably just end up doing mine in similar fashion since the bumper I have is the same as yours, just that the bar goes all the way to the ends of the valance. I'll probably just do white as well, I've already got plenty of white lighting from the 40" Rigid bar behind the grille. Just looking for some "driving" lights that point lower and don't blind everyone.

10. PorterW1111

PorterW1111 Full Access Member

Ambers bro!