Front license plate bracket

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The bracket on my 2020 was in the back seat. I threw it away and put one on a front tow hook to keep airflow to the intercooler unobstructed.

CoolrainRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 21 Raptor on order and live in a state where there is no front license plate. I bought the truck in a state where a front license plate is required. Does the 21 have a plastic bracket that can be removed or do I need to tell the dealer not to install it? I have had vehicles in the past that come from the factory with it installed, dealer installed, or no bracket. Not sure how the 21s are for certain. Thanks!
Tell your salesman to make a note on the RO (repair Order) for the PDI (pre delivery inspection) for them not to install the plate bracket, tell them to leave the stickers off while you are at it. This is also a good time for them to not add any dealer accessories (unless you agreed of course) Freak them out and use their internal acronyms
"Joe, on the RO for the PDI please write: no installed accessories, do not install license plate bracket, and do not apply dealer stickers"

Littlefx4

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The bracket on my 2020 was in the back seat. I threw it away and put one on a front tow hook to keep airflow to the intercooler unobstructed.
What type of mount did you use for the tow hook? Purchased from? Got a pic?

Oggie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Genius. I've been trying to figure out how to install a front plate without obstructing the air flow.

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Genius. I've been trying to figure out how to install a front plate without obstructing the air flow.
Plan B was to drill holes in the top of the skid plate, hang it down, and bend it back to follow the skid plate. Plan C was to drill holes in the bumper. So far, I've put 16k miles on it with lots of off road and it's still tight. Loctite is your friend.

Steebo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine was completely missing. Got my truck from canada so it came with the engine block heater. Definitely useful here in colorado. I had mine installed since we require a front plate here. The oem style bracket is actually pretty nice, remove plate while offroading for extra air flow. Havent had any overheating issues but I do live in the mountains so not really an issue here. My favorite brackets are the stow and show

Attachments

• 1631289906481.gif
    1631289906481.gif
    42 bytes · Views: 66
  • 1631289906571.gif
    1631289906571.gif
    42 bytes · Views: 59
OP
OP
N

NWAnik

Reaction score
Thanks all! My wife’s Blazer had rivets so I had to drill those out. Sounds like this is easier so I’ll just make sure to tell the dealer no front bracket and as said, no d*** stickers!!