Front license plate bracket

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NWAnik

Reaction score
I have a 21 Raptor on order and live in a state where there is no front license plate. I bought the truck in a state where a front license plate is required. Does the 21 have a plastic bracket that can be removed or do I need to tell the dealer not to install it? I have had vehicles in the past that come from the factory with it installed, dealer installed, or no bracket. Not sure how the 21s are for certain. Thanks!

Stan G

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The standard front plate bracket can be removed with a Phillips head screw driver. The fines for no plate is all yours!

NJ2020

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There are two holes in the bumper (for the bottom half of the bracket). I’m not sure if these come drilled from the factory or not. Some pre PDI trucks I’ve seen have the two holes, others don’t.

Raptorlaw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The new bracket only needs the two bottom holes and they are predrilled from the factory.

melvimbe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The standard front plate bracket can be removed with a Phillips head screw driver. The fines for no plate is all yours!

These brackets usually come shipped with the vehicle (like floor mats) and it would surprising for the dealer to put on the plates before they have to. Only reason to do that is if they want to put a dealer ad on the bracket. You could look at the dealer website to see what they've done with other trucks. Never hurts to call the dealer about it either.

NeoLeo

Reaction score
I usually ask the dealer to NOT install the front license plate before I take delivery. Most cars require drilling into the front bumper. Even if the bumper has screw holes in the bumper (like in Gen2), installing the front plate bracket will mar the front bumper screw holes. I keep the front bracket new, unused in its original wrapping to pass on to the next owner.

Raptorlaw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I usually ask the dealer to NOT install the front license plate before I take delivery. Most cars require drilling into the front bumper. Even if the bumper has screw holes in the bumper (like in Gen2), installing the front plate bracket will mar the front bumper screw holes. I keep the front bracket new, unused in its original wrapping to pass on to the next owner.
I asked the dealer not to install and the front bracket came in plastic like all of the other dealer installed components (e.g. Boxlink, etc.)

WyoRaptorrrrr

Reaction score
I live in a state that says if the vehicle comes with a front license plate mounting site there must be a plate put on the front. So I filled in those holes with fiberglass and paint matched to the bumper. The license plate there limits the air into the turbo cooling unit so I really don't want one, and putting it to the side for me makes it look odd.

Steebo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not sure about the new gen but the 2nd gens are riveted on (oem quick insert) carefully drill out the rivets and the whole bracket comes off clean.