Front license plate bracket removal?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

katchup

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone taken theirs off yet? On my gen2 I had to drill, then punch it out. My gen 3 gets here soon and has the bracket on it. Needs to go asap lol.

JJP023

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bumper comes pre-drilled with holes. You can ask your dealer not to mount it. My front plate and bracket have been sitting in my back seat for a month. I've accumulated one - "No front plate" ticker per week the last 4 weeks. I think its time I just suck it up and mount it.

OP
OP
katchup

katchup

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone know the rivet size

Attachments

• 7063D9FE-C9AD-4524-B54F-9FD9587C098F.jpeg
    7063D9FE-C9AD-4524-B54F-9FD9587C098F.jpeg
    202.8 KB · Views: 76
OP
OP
katchup

katchup

Full Access Member
Reaction score
drilled it off tonight, kinda a pain in the ***. Prob easier and cleaner process to just take bumper off.

ScrumHooker

Reaction score
Thankfully, My dealer asked before installing. mine is sitting in the bottom of my tool box in the garage.
I got lucky, bought mine in Ohio which doesn't require a front plate so the dealer never mounted the bracket. I mounted my front plate with a swarfworks tow-hook mount instead (necessary in VA).

WestTXRaptor6

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I went with the Sharfworks plate relocator mount. Now it sets off my front sensors. ‍♂️
Rear sensors set off my radar detector and also get the backup brake assist fault warning. I miss trucks with less electronics.

Raptorlaw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I went with the Sharfworks plate relocator mount. Now it sets off my front sensors. ‍♂️
Rear sensors set off my radar detector and also get the backup brake assist fault warning. I miss trucks with less electronics.
Move it to the passenger side. Mine works perfectly.