Front Licence Plate Bracket

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Woolaroc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does anyone use this? It looks like it could block air flow to the inter-cooler/radiator based on where it mounts. I'd like to put a vanity plate in front (my university or cattle brand) but if it impacts performance I can do without.

1fst_gt350

Reaction score
I had mine on because VA requires it, but I removed it 3 days ago and haven’t really noticed a difference at all. I’m going to actually reinstall it. It is also winter time so I can say how it would react in the summer heat. I plan on doing a Cobb Intercooler by summer

isis

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you aren’t required I wouldn’t do it. I took mine off. Bought it from a New Yorker. Don’t need them in PA. I’m sure it’s quite negligible though if you really want to put a plate on.

Trent 21

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Front plate not required here. Took it off because a front license plate is very ugly and if ya don't have to wear it, dont. That is two good enough reasons for me.

REMIX

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I put a vanity plate on mine. Used some nylon rivets to hold the assembly and plate in place because, if I didn't like it, I could remove the entire assembly without drilling out the rivets

IMG_5013 6.30.03 PM.jpg

Didn't notice any difference in performance.

costnsg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I also live in TX and use the factory bracket. No issues with it for me. I'd toss it if it weren't required.

onthebrake

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I took mine off since having cooling issues. I replaced my thermostat with a 170 and that fixed it. I’ll be re-installing the front plate soon since it’s a law here in CA and don’t want any reason for a cop to pull me over.

pbtjrlmrt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I 2nd the sto-n-sho. I'm required to run one on the street in Oregon and this works extremely well and is removable off road.