Front hitch on Gen 2s with stock bumper possible?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bark beetle

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The receiver tube is welded in a new configuration with the D rings, so the assembly is bolt on, but getting there requires cutting and welding a few things.

The easiest solution for cabling is from cv-supply on ebay. I had him build the following:
1 - 24ft 4 gauge cable assembly with quick connectors and dust covers on both ends
1 - 4 ft 4 gauge cable assembly with quick connector and dust cover on one end and lugs on the other - from battery to front
1 - 4 ft 4 gauge cable assembly with quick connector and dust cover on one end and lugs on the other - from winch
1 - 20 ft 4 gauge cable assemby with quick connect on one end and jumper clamps on the other
2 - bucket boss jumper cable bags

I would increase the pigtails a couple feet each next time, it is amazing how fast 4' of cable get used up.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Bark beetle

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Blade

Reaction score
What receiver hitch winch mount is that? I would like to get one, but there are so many out there and so many mixed reviews about each of them.

Thanks!

richnot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have used Curt manufacturing for my front mounted hitch on my Jeep

They do make a front hitch for a F-150 and also for Gen 1 Raptors. There are a few on other forums that have modified the Curt F-150 hitch to mount on a Raptor

Bark beetle has a great option by using two receiver mounts and you could make a single long bar with the receiver tubes on each end, then it would slide into both mounts on the truck, weld a plate on top to mount the winch and even put a center mounted tube so you could use it in back hitch

This is something I have seen on other Jeeps that owners have modified different things to mount into the two outer hitch`s and used the center one for a high mount back rack

https://www.quadratec.com/products/VersaHitch-Wiring-Jeep-Logo-Plug-Cargo-Rack-D-Rings-JK

Nate_Climb

Reaction score
What I came up with...

The Warn winch hitch is going to work great from the rear of course and this is where I will always try to use it but should I absolutely have to use it from the front we came up with the clamp that you see to attach from the hitch insert to the shackle on the tow hook. Obviously not ideal but might save me a 30 mile walk some day!
Just wanted to touch base and see if you could provide info on where you got the shackle you connected to the winch cradle?

TDAH

Reaction score
This is a dated thread but I looked high and low looking for a front receiver for my 2019. Finally, one showed up on Ebay on the "clutch pack" store. I didn't want to cut my frame, spend $2500 on an aftermarket, relocated intercooler and another $1500 for a bumper just to mount a winch. And, then have Ford tell me I voided my warranty when I take in to have the phasers done. This thing is beefy and made in the US. The best part is the stealth installation. Perfect for my weekend warrior offroading and winter winching. What do you think?
CLSD LIC PLT DSC05167.JPGOPEN LIC PLT DSC05166.JPG20210124_132254.jpg20210123_182723.jpg20210123_173649.jpg