Front grille shutters never close?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kyle761

Reaction score
My shutter never closed. maybe in really cold conditions it did when it first started up, but never actually seem them closed

Typr04

Reaction score
My shutters close when I auto start from the key fob. They close for 3 seconds then open back up. Never seen them stay closed though. Of course I can’t look at them when driving either so there’s that.

TheCzar

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Even if the shutters were closed, they are plastic, at least in Gen2, and can be easily broken...

leinad1904

Full Access Member
Reaction score
On my Gen 2 they would close on startup then open again. I noticed them partially closed once when I got home after a drive in the snow so I assume they open and close based on either ambient temperature or engine temperature. I have never seen them closed when it's above 65-70 degrees outside though.

rickeyt

Reaction score
On my old f350 I simply disengaged the linkage from the key cylinder on all of the doors to prevent someone from opening the door with a screw driver or similar.