Front grille shutters never close?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
How about the Apple Air Tags....that way you can hunt down the arshole and show them what open carry means

Doesn’t an iPhone detect it in the truck?
Yes. Latest IOS releases contain “anti stalking measures” that alert close by Apple devices of an unknown air tag.

There are other ways though. one is a cheap cell tracker that you install. Spot tracker is another (satellite, but once it’s under ground without satellite it’s done).

To me, the genuine problem is just how easy it is to open the door with pliers. I can almost turn the lock cylinder with my thumb and index finger -alone-. almost. That’s the main problem, because once they’re in, it’s only a matter of time. Honestly, can’t we retro-fit an old, 70’s Ford door handle? I can live without the intelligent entry...

OP
OP
PandaBoi

PandaBoi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm with you on this and plan on doing something with my Gen 3 for security when it comes in. If theives use a tow truck its theirs but up to that point I want to give them a run for their money with all sorts of boobie traps if possible.

Things I have considered are:
1. lock box
2. horn relocation or reinforcing the wires
3. jimmy jammers
4. kill switch
5. Ravelco (but I heard don't bother)
6. Maybe even a ring doorbell mounted in the vehicle that would alert me if anyone is peeking into it??

I'm open for any and all ideas. Insurance would be a nightmare including not paying what its worth and the year long wait it would take you to even possibly get a new one. Mine will live in Baja part time so its a whole different ball game down there.
Fellow DFW'an here - want to do the same with horn wires. Let me know what you figure out.
So I think I’m going to:
1. relocate the horn and get one that’s slightly louder (just because I’ve always wanted a loud a$$ horn)
2. Put an AirTag hidden in there
3. Maybe get a serious car tracker, ford’s FordPass connect can be easily disabled once in the engine bay by removing a fuse.

I’m also considering getting a Jimmy jammer and removing the ability to unlock the truck with the key (unlinking that physical part of the lock in the door)

If they can get it on a tow truck then it’s pretty much game over, but, like others said I want it to be a very loud and obnoxious process to try and steal it any other way.

I’ve seen certain trackers that use your phone location and the tracker location to let you know if one is moving outside s specified radius. So if you’re sleeping the app will go into alarm mode and let you know the truck is moving when it shouldn’t. You can also geo-lock the truck to a specific region on the map.

A lot of good ideas it’s just sad that Ford really sh*t the bed with the physical key lock on these newer raptors. You’d think they’d know an 80k Baja truck would be especially enticing to smugglers and such due to its versatility.

SurfRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Opportunity to hear differently; Ravelco's been good to me twice over -> '14 R Raptor and '21 Land Cruiser
Yea I love different ideas. What do you like about the ravelco? Do you think it’s more secure than a hidden kill switch? The only type of kill switch I would like is fuel pump but I’m not sure.

JohnyPython

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yea I love different ideas. What do you like about the ravelco? Do you think it’s more secure than a hidden kill switch? The only type of kill switch I would like is fuel pump but I’m not sure.
I’ll chime in… I’m new to Ravelco. I like it because it is low tech and will require some time for the effers to get the truck started.

Let’s face it, these s h i t b a g thieves want an easy score and the visible Ravelco and the window stickers will at least slow them down or maybe deter them.

Last edited:

4wheelinAZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes. Latest IOS releases contain “anti stalking measures” that alert close by Apple devices of an unknown air tag.

There are other ways though. one is a cheap cell tracker that you install. Spot tracker is another (satellite, but once it’s under ground without satellite it’s done).

To me, the genuine problem is just how easy it is to open the door with pliers. I can almost turn the lock cylinder with my thumb and index finger -alone-. almost. That’s the main problem, because once they’re in, it’s only a matter of time. Honestly, can’t we retro-fit an old, 70’s Ford door handle? I can live without the intelligent entry...
What’s nuts is the problem goes back many many years of F150 and they keep the same engineering….. cmon!!

petlh

Reaction score
Echo J P above. Their website is replete with info that made it look pretty theft-proof such as 40 yrs of installs without one vehicle theft. Could be they're fabricating all the positives but their provenance suggests its legit. If was just a generic replaceable ride, would probably pass; let em steal it and get a new one with insurance. Bought the '14 Roush Raptor couple of years back with 880 miles from a collector, irreplaceable. Likewise the '21 Land Cruiser, purchased new, last production year. Can replace the busted glass but not the ride(s). If the scuzzballs don't have the coded plug, that vehicle ain't gonna start.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Arizona Free