Front Fender Removal?!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
gotSVT

gotSVT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Should I drop $1k to have outlaw install and paint them? I already bought them and they get delivered from Outlaw tomorrow to my house

If you are near by, yes. That is, unless you are a very patient man.

kawie95

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Took off stock ones. Long thin Needle nose pliers work wonders on the plastic wire harness clips. Had to cut the top fender liner clips tho, the big flat round ones the size of a quarter up top. Also had to break off the foam glue. Got them off about an hour each. I was worries the antenna was a big job, its not. Just look under the glove box for the orange wire and metal 90 degree bend connector and pull it and the 3 harness clips off as shown in the video.

ISFast

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Thanks for the heads up on Line-X I was asking myself the other day which one I should do first!

Few questions on the Line-X. Did they do the back side of the fender with line-x or just the outside of the flare. I was thinking doing the whole inside of the fender to help with rock hitting the back side of the fender before I get liners put in. Plus just a little more protection.

And the black protective coating you put on the frame work under the fenders what did you use?

Also, for the seam weld any special way you did it? Pics would sure be helpful.

Thanks

---------- Post added at 02:03 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:02 AM ----------

And with the line-X hows it holding up now? My flares are doing great but didn't know if the glass did anything different to the bonding process.

SvtDon

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The finished product

IMG_1123.JPG

Close up of the paint and LineX

IMG_1124.JPG

Blacked out old school Outlaw bumper
IMG_1122.JPG
What kind of linex did ya get. The glossy one or the cheaper one man. That looks really nice

RapItUp2013

Full Access Member
Reaction score
where can we find more info on cutting the pinch weld? i'm keeping the factory fenders an flares, but need to frim that pinch weld for extra clearance for larger wheels an tires.

SwampKing

FRF Addict
Reaction score
SVTDON- if u guys are getting line-x, u might wanna ask them not to spray in "Line-x" bc they will. I personally don't care for advertisements. I noticed they done this on a lightrack another member finished. Thought I would pass the word on.

hackleman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I recently replaced my front left fender with a stock front fender (hit a gate, going to fast...) since then, i have a bit more motor noise inside the cab. but the most annoying this is i can smell the heat from my motor under hard acceleration. I am 95% sure it is from removing the foam piece between the door and the fender. I found some 3m tape used for traction on concrete that i covered the most of the gap. This helped but not sealed. I am hesitant to use the foam in the can to permanently seal this area off. Has anyone else experienced this? if so, is there a better solution than the can of foam?