front end rattle

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

motorboating

Reaction score
I just purchased a used 2019 raptor and now I've put some miles on the truck I've noticed some small issues. The one bothering me the most is the front end seems to rattle over small bumps. I can feel it in the steering wheel. feels like something is slightly loose. I took it into the dealer and they did an alignment but its still present. The only thing i can think of is the ball joints? Has anyone else had a similar issue? I have a brand new 2022 F150 as a work truck and it feels super solid in the steering compared with the raptor.

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Stock? Stabilizer bar links can exhibit that issue when the ball joint end wears; you can check them by grabbing the link itself (truck on the ground) and applying force horizontally. If the ball joint is bad you’ll feel it move accompanied by a clunk noise.

OP
OP
motorboating

motorboating

Reaction score
Stock? Stabilizer bar links can exhibit that issue when the ball joint end wears; you can check them by grabbing the link itself (truck on the ground) and applying force horizontally. If the ball joint is bad you’ll feel it move accompanied by a clunk noise.
Thanks for the response! I'll go check those tomorrow. I purchased the extended warranty from ford. Hopefully they will cover them. Yes, its 100% stock for now.

DS550

Reaction score
I had the same rattle. It was the brake pad was moving around. The clip was missing. New clips and problem solved. Luckily I was due for an oil change when I figured it out and Ford installed the clips at no charge.