Front end rattle after 1.5 inch collars....I can't take it

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

troycrna

Full Access Member
Reaction score
4 months ago I installed the 1.5 inch collars to bring the front end up a bit. When I hit bumps it sounds like something is loose and rattles. Im not sure if it made the noise stock as I leveled it about a week after buying. Ive checked everything and so has the dealer and all seems tight. I though I remember seeing a thread about this but i cant seem to find it on a search.....any ideas

murph145

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine did the same thing.... It made a sharp creek noise every time I made a stop or over a bump. It was only happening on the drivers side as well.

The shop couldn't figure it out and I couldn't stand it. So I had them removed and I ended up putting Geiser Springs on.

k-rub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It seems there are only a few things it could be given the symptoms.

First thing I'd check is the shock tophat nuts and the lower shock bolt. I don't remember the exact torque specs but I remember the lower shocks bolts needing to be super tight. Something like 300-400 ft lbs comes to mind but definitely verify that. If it's rattling over bumps it's likely suspension related.

Is the alignment good? Did you loosen the LCA frame mount bolts when you did the install? Brake line bracket bolt loose? Etc etc etc

TxCOR

Reaction score
Right, it may not be something loose or wrong with the collar, it could be another bolt they loosed elsewhere from install/alignment. On my last truck (Titan), when they installed the level kit, they left one of the tie rods a tad loose and I was getting minor rattling when hitting bumps.

Just installed the Icon 1.75 level kit on the Raptor and everything is rock solid.

murph145

Full Access Member
Reaction score
^ I hear you, most likely it is something left loose from install. I really did not like the 1.5" level kit, felt it was barely noticeable so I used that excuse to pull the trigger on the Geiser Springs.

When my perch were making noise I had the shop re check all bolts and double check all torque specs and all was perfect.... But it still made that creaking noise.....

Miamibert

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did the 1.5" RPG my self and no issues. I do agree it isn't very noticeable. I didn't want to go with the 2.25", 2" would have been nice.

Lasercat

Reaction score
I had a front end rattle on mine, took it into the dealer and after a bunch of fiddling, they found some bolts in the front diff that were loose. A little loctite and a bit of torque and the rattle was fixed. Could be something similar in your case. Either way, I'd take it to the dealer. Hopefully your dealer is as awesome as mine - the guys here just bend over backwards to make sure I love every minute in my truck!

Dacam

Reaction score
I had severe rattling coming from the undercarriage after I had my 1.5” RPG kit installed. It sounded like rocks bouncing around in the frame upon bumps and driving over lane dots in the road.
I finally got underneath the truck with a rubber mallet and started tapping away at everything underneath.
It was the two rear bolts that hold down the front skid plate. Apparently the shop didn’t tighten them down after they did the alignment. FYI: these bolts are really long, about 4”. No more rattles!

Simplejack

Full Access Member
Reaction score
4 months ago I installed the 1.5 inch collars to bring the front end up a bit. When I hit bumps it sounds like something is loose and rattles. Im not sure if it made the noise stock as I leveled it about a week after buying. Ive checked everything and so has the dealer and all seems tight. I though I remember seeing a thread about this but i cant seem to find it on a search.....any ideas

maybe this one? not sure if its same noise/rattle but I disconnected my sway bar my noise went away

https://www.fordraptorforum.com/posts/1357729

Gatica

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had a front rattle after looking around turned out to be the sway bar end links. Just had them replaced 1k miles ago and its nice and quiet now.