Front end noise only in fwd and under acceleration (possibly while spinning tires on dirt). 2013 Roush Screw, 100 k, recent 3.0 Fox installed.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

EricM

FRF Addict
Reaction score
No Covid. Ended up bad bronchitis slight pneumonia with over reactive asthma. Still fighting it.

Any how. Took it in and went for a ride with a mechanic, he told me it is the chain in my transfer case jumping. Any one know about this or has had this problem? How expensive of a fix us this? Thanks
I've not head of any T-case failures in Ford trucks at all. Sometimes the seals will go and you'll get an underfilled trans and overfilled Tcase from the trans/tcase seal failing. GM trucks are the ones spitting out T-cases left and right.

Replacement is cake. Anyone who can turn a bolt and lift a transfer case can do it.

OP
OP
K

Krusoff58

Reaction score
I've not head of any T-case failures in Ford trucks at all. Sometimes the seals will go and you'll get an underfilled trans and overfilled Tcase from the trans/tcase seal failing. GM trucks are the ones spitting out T-cases left and right.

Replacement is cake. Anyone who can turn a bolt and lift a transfer case can do it.
Thank you