Front end noise only in fwd and under acceleration (possibly while spinning tires on dirt). 2013 Roush Screw, 100 k, recent 3.0 Fox installed.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Krusoff58

Reaction score
Sounds and feels like the drivers side hub is engaging and disengaging. Only while under throttle. Thanks for any help.

Dane

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Agreed on IWE. Also, recent shock installation makes me suspect a loose axle nut. Check axle nut torque (lock-tite!!) , check IWE vacuum - both the IWEs holding vacuum as well as the vacuum lines. Check both sides, the problem can actually be the opposite side. Ask me how I know.

OP
OP
K

Krusoff58

Reaction score
No Covid. Ended up bad bronchitis slight pneumonia with over reactive asthma. Still fighting it.

Any how. Took it in and went for a ride with a mechanic, he told me it is the chain in my transfer case jumping. Any one know about this or has had this problem? How expensive of a fix us this? Thanks

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I
No Covid. Ended up bad bronchitis slight pneumonia with over reactive asthma. Still fighting it.

Any how. Took it in and went for a ride with a mechanic, he told me it is the chain in my transfer case jumping. Any one know about this or has had this problem? How expensive of a fix us this? Thanks
think it’s under a grand for a new transfer case and it’s less than 4 hours to replace, if I remember correctly. Didn’t they give you a quote?