Front Doors (Shop Speaker Install) - Latches Sticking

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tlh235

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So i had some door speakers installed last week with Sound Deadening added to the doors. When i got it back i noticed that the door latches are sticking open. It didn't start until they added it so i'm sure it has something to do with that. When i called them they didn't seem to excited to take a look and more or less told me that the door covers went back on without any issue. What i was hoping to do is to remove the door covers myself and take a look. Maybe remove some of the mat thats in that area. I kinda don't want to take it back their with the attitude i was given. Would you advise me taking a look myself, or even possibly taking it to the dealership to deal with(i'm sure they'll charge me).

I guess my question would be, is there anywhere on this forumn where someone has posted pics and instructions for removing the front door panels. 2018 SCAB...B&O upgrade. Changed it out for Focal Integrations and MTI undertheseat sub box.

goblues38

FRF Addict
Reaction score
F that...make the shop do it. They installer mess up and needs to make the correction.

I will say...it is no big deal....you COULD do it yourself in 15 mins a door......but you paid someone to do it right the 1st time, and they didnt.

OP
OP
T

Tlh235

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yeh, my biggest worry is that anytime folks seem to show me some sort of "uncaring" for something I value, i kinda get worried of what they might do. Especially being that i can't see inside the door to see what they did to fix it. I like things done right and the dude on the phone, didn't come back with what i thouhgt he should of. I was waiting, for "oh crap yes bring it in"...he was more or less telling me, the cover went back on......so "not our fault". I was like, well it just started so it has to be somehting you did so where we at, at this point. He just goes bring it by. I guess i'll do that. We'll see. Was kinda scary when i dropped my kid off and he closed the door and it swung back open when i took off...hahaha.

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i know exactly what the issue is. i ran into it on my first 2nd gen that came into the shop. theres a spot right behind the release where you can not put sound deadening or this will happen. send me a text i can send you a couple pics. (831) 254-7562