Front diff cover mod.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

niclarsen

Reaction score
Did the **** come with the dimple plug as well? Or is that purchased separately?
thisnis exactly what I’ve been meaning to do as well.. does it look like enough of the old guild with come out with that placement of the drain plug?
Thanks for all the info man!!
Finally got time to install the cover. This will make future diff fluid changes easy. This was less than $50 to do w/o the cost of the diff fluid.

View attachment 156246

OP
OP
REX111

REX111

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When my truck was at ford and they were trying to figure out the weird popping noise when using 4a. The ford tech said he appreciated the drain plug on the diff cover.

MRV99

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When my truck was at ford and they were trying to figure out the weird popping noise when using 4a. The ford tech said he appreciated the drain plug on the diff cover.
Surprised you didn’t get dinged for “mod in the exact place where the trucks issue is”. I would have thought they would blame you

OP
OP
REX111

REX111

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i was surprised that the didn't blame me for a modded diff cover.

Reaction score
Hey JAndre....were you ever able to get an answer on this question? Also interested if the Spicer 8.8 front diff cover would work on the Gen 2 w/o having to remove the steering rack...
I just installed mine. Yes , the cover clears. Sadly there was no way it went in without pulling down the steering rack.IMG_2694.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_2693.jpeg
    IMG_2693.jpeg
    237.6 KB · Views: 45

Augster

Reaction score
I just installed mine. Yes , the cover clears. Sadly there was no way it went in without pulling down the steering rack.

Yea, I only removed the two large front-facing frame bolts holding the rack to the frame and let the rack just hang down in place. I then jostled it around while slowing lowering and repositioning the front axle on a floor jack inch by inch. I had a helper on the jack following my instructions.

IMG_6593.jpeg

Reaction score
Yea, I only removed the two large front-facing frame bolts holding the rack to the frame and let the rack just hang down in place. I then jostled it around while slowing lowering and repositioning the front axle on a floor jack inch by inch. I had a helper on the jack following my instructions.
Yeah, I gave that a shot for a while without any success. Is yours a gen 1? The oil pan looks different.