Front Camera

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Binks

Reaction score
You've still got plenty of time to get it corrected. Just make sure your dealer speaks to the regional rep. Mine is scheduled to be built tomorrow and I didn't find out until last Wednesday or Thursday that there was a problem. I just got an updated build sheet from the dealer this morning and the factory accepted the change.

Thanks LD50 but if I understand it right, I need the luxury package and the Sony nav to get the front camera. I'd have to add about $6k for that. Too pricey for me.

TheJoker

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Lockpick does NOT allow you to view the FACTORY rear camera unless it is in reverse. In fact, I have an aftermarket rearview camera I had mounted in the same place as the factory camera so I could add a front camera, and in that scenario it doesnt work either. Only way you can do a rear camera in motion is to hook up an aftermarket camera to the 2nd camera input, but then you wont have it when you put your truck in reverse, you will have to manually turn it on through the nav control each time.

OK, so if I understand you correctly, LockPic does not allow a 2nd camera if you have the FACTORY rear camera? But, if you have 2 aftermarket cameras, the rear (input 1) will not activate while in motion but the front (input 2) will?

DubbsFaris

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Correct, but a rear afermarket does work in reverse, just not forward if you have the 2nd camera attached to the system.

with that clarification, you have it down!

Wilson

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It is suppose to show up in my display under truck settings but it is missing that icon and is suppose to when enabled be able to view in the large display in the dash just like the rear camera as long as you are going less than 5mph.

15 mph

---------- Post added at 09:07 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:03 AM ----------

View attachment 5859
Front camera

View attachment 5860
wiring harness

View attachment 5861
Wiring harness

View attachment 5862
Front cam on

View attachment 5863
2wd, diff locked, offroad mode

-Greg

I just seen this the camera is worthless if you can't clean it unless you want to get out and clean it all the time what is the point of having it in the first place.

---------- Post added at 09:20 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:07 AM ----------

never mind

LD50

Reaction score
GvegasRaptor

Keep us up to date on whether your dealer figures it out. I think my dealer actually called there to see what was going on and found out they were having some technical difficulties. I thought I had mine taken care of. Got an updated order sheet and the plant accepted the changes. Truck came in today minus the camera so I'm in the same boat now and waiting to see if there's an add on fix.

trailboss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you look today at the Raptor build and price site, the front camera is nowhere to be found...

formuladriver01

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Okay so I think I found out why some people are not getting the front mount camera...

If you go to the ford website and download the 2012 F150 brochure go to the page where is says
F-150 Specifications | Optional Feature SVT Raptor

if you look this is what it says/reads

"Front view camera (requires Navigation System and RAPTOR
Luxury Package)"

Hope this helps

I don't know if some have the lux package and nav but did not get the camera. So according to their brochure it looks like ford might have to cover the cost to install one.

I only say this cause there is no where to select it in the biuld and price section but if you have the nav and lux pack then maybe it comes with those options when selected???

Here is the link to the brochure PDF

http://assets.forddirect.fordvehicl...eDoc_8801F25B-7832-2B6B-A23A-D739A23AD739.pdf

scroll down 12 pages. :waytogo:

Reptar

FRF Addict
Reaction score
If you look today at the Raptor build and price site, the front camera is nowhere to be found...

it was never updated to list it. heck the seats are probably still the wrong pattern for blue accent too. They just changed the orange to blue in the photoshop from 2011 to update it for 2012.

Okay so I think I found out why some people are not getting the front mount camera...

If you go to the ford website and download the 2012 F150 brochure go to the page where is says
F-150 Specifications | Optional Feature SVT Raptor

if you look this is what it says/reads

"Front view camera (requires Navigation System and RAPTOR
Luxury Package)"

Hope this helps

I don't know if some have the lux package and nav but did not get the camera. So according to their brochure it looks like ford might have to cover the cost to install one.

I only say this cause there is no where to select it in the biuld and price section but if you have the nav and lux pack then maybe it comes with those options when selected???

Here is the link to the brochure PDF

http://assets.forddirect.fordvehicl...eDoc_8801F25B-7832-2B6B-A23A-D739A23AD739.pdf

scroll down 12 pages. :waytogo:

I don't think it'll be on Ford, maybe your salesman and that dealership, but there are a lot of us on here with Front cameras, and our dealers never had any problem reading the build sheet correctly to make sure it was an option selected. Heck it adds something like $595 to the cost of the truck, it's an independent option, not rolled up into another package. It's just linked to other packages requiring you to have nav & lux, but it's still a separate thing to select which adds $595 to the cost to add fr/rr cameras.

OP
OP
GvegasRaptor

GvegasRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Okay my Raptor is back at the dealer to hopefully figure out the programming issue with the front camera. The sad thing is that Ford will not help the dealer figure out the problem because it did not come from the factory with the camera. To me that is complete *********. I ordered the parts from my dealer (all Ford parts) and I am having a certified Ford tech put it in but they wont help the dealer because it was not built from the factory with the camera. Again I think that is total *********!!!

LD50

Reaction score
Maybe I'll have to press them about the issue. After all, I've a build sheet that says I should have gotten a truck with a camera, but no camera on the truck.