GEN 1 Front Camera won't enable

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

pat247

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You had me worried as I recently used a foam cannon with simple green to degrease my engine bay, I worried I may have messed up that module (no pressure, just foam). However, my backup camera is working fine, it's just my forward facing one that wont enable. Unless, there is some way to screw up that module and have only one camera work?
I'm not familiar with this switch module but I have a feeling that I'm going to get to know more about it. I hope the pics help.

IMG_6279.JPGIMG_6281.JPGIMG_6282.JPG

Garrett

Reaction score
I have been looking into the camera system in my 2014 Raptor as I'm having an intermittent rear camera issue where sometimes it does not come on. I have not tried the front camera in a while so I don't know if it is affected or not. I found that both the front and rear share a switching module located under the hood driver side fire wallaround the hood attachment. I'll post pics from the ford wiring diagrams book when the battery for my camera gets charged.
I have been having this same problem for about a year and have found whenever my backup camera doesn’t work the front camera also won’t work with it. This makes me curious that it may be a faulty module. Let me know what else you find and good luck!

jackjare9455

Full Access Member
Reaction score

jackjare9455

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have been having this same problem for about a year and have found whenever my backup camera doesn’t work the front camera also won’t work with it. This makes me curious that it may be a faulty module. Let me know what else you find and good luck!
With them both going out at the same time... I would suspect either a bad module, bad ground, or bad 12v supply... Ground would be the easiest to check.

jackjare9455

Full Access Member
Reaction score
1672930055922.png
the part number didn't fully match up, but I think this is close enough to order for a test to eliminate the front camera as an issue. I just ordered it to try it out.

pat247

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'll test the front camera on my Raptor later today to see if it still works as designed. When the rear camera comes on the picture is crystal clear and works 25%-75% of the time. It could be that the camera is malfunctioning and needs to be replaced.

jackjare9455

Full Access Member
Reaction score
after messing with my pigtail trying to make sure I had ground, I went to pick up my oldest from school and for giggles, tried to enable the camera again... and it stayed enabled this time. offroad mode + diff lock = working front camera again.

I am not going to complain, just quickly cancel my order for that camera LOL. Ill disconnect it again this evening and spray contact cleaner in the pigtail and the connector.

Gen1TillDeath

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don’t know much about it, and not sure how much this helps if at all. But I do know for a FACT, that if either the front or rear camera is not working or the BCM thinks that it’s not the other will not work. I disconnected my tailgate for a few days and had noticed that since the rear camera was disconnected, the front wouldn’t work until I hooked the rear back up . Hope this helps

Garrett

Reaction score
All this info is helpful. I won’t be home to try anything for about a week but the fact that both go if one goes makes me think it could just be faulty wiring on either camera which sounds hard to find. I’ll update when I get back to test.