Help Support Ford Raptor Forum by donating:

GEN 1 Front Camera won't enable

Discussion in 'Ford Raptor Problems and Questions Forum' started by Bioxide02, Apr 12, 2017.

1. Dane

Dane FRF Addict

So, if you try to turn it on without being in the proper mode it just displays instructions in the cluster indicating the modes you need to use and the camera stays disabled. If you are in the proper mode FIRST (and drive) the camera displays on the Nav screen until you go faster than 15mph or whatever it is. It goes back to normal nav screen until you decelerate below the magic speed. It automatically comes back on the screen at that point.

Also, once it's properly turned on, you can change cluster screens and it stays on.

So, you can't even enable it unless you are in the correct mode.

2. Five-O Donut Hole

Five-O Donut Hole FRF Addict

X2.... I use it for parking against a concrete wall at times

3. frmrsolt20

frmrsolt20 Member

Did anyone ever come up with a solution for this? I have the same problem.

4. BenBB

BenBB Full Access Member

Does an image appear on the display at all? My '13 wouldn't show an image, don't remember if it stayed "enabled" in the instrument panel display, but was in Off-Road Mode and Diff Locked and should have come on but nothing happened (rear view camera works perfect in reverse, in neutral or drive it reverted to the default screen).

Turns out a dumbass previous owner had unplugged and/or removed the front camera and tried to put it back in wrong. Long story short even though the connector at the camera looked plugged in, it wasn't making contact, I had to GENTLY seat the connector with a pair of large channel locks until it clicked. Also added dielectric grease and checked the length of the harness as it was misrouted along with the washer line, works perfect now.

5. bruiser

bruiser Full Access Member

Anyone come up with anything. My front camera worked previously, but now does not.

Rear lock 4l 4h off road mode etc.

On the dash when I enable it it returns to disabled within a few seconds. No luck in searching so far, most if the threads go off topic

6. BenBB

BenBB Full Access Member

Best I remember that’s what mine did, did you try reseating the connector at the camera? Trace the wiring for damage?

7. bruiser

bruiser Full Access Member

i did after reading this thread. but no dice. i haven't traced the wiring back yet but i guess that's next.