GEN 2 Front camera super dim

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

zombiz

Reaction score
I just recently bought a new 2020 Gen 2, and the front camera will sometimes work fine, and other times be incredibly dim, nearly black. It has also glitched showing only a green screen with bars, a clear malfunction. I brought it to the dealership today for the 5,000 mile maintenance, and they were able to replicate the dark camera problem, but are calling it normal, claiming it is the auto dimming feature. The other three cameras (side view and rear) work perfectly fine and are not dimming in the bright light. I've attached a couple of pictures, and a video of what it's currently doing.

Has anybody had any similar issues with their front camera? This is my first experience dealing with Ford warranty, and I'm already seeing that this may become a PITA.

Does anybody have suggestions or recommendations on what my next course of action should be?

Here is the video:

Here are some picture attachments, you can see in one that the camera is at an acceptable dim level, on another picture you can see it is night time and it still isn't working.

IMG_3451.JPG

IMG_3452.JPG

IMG_3450.JPG

IMG_3189.jpg

IMG_3190.jpg

D

Deleted member 17706

This is a common problem on the 20s. Ford has had problems with the supplier of the camera/harness across the Ford line up, so the problem is not exclusive to the Raptor. My new 2020 Raptor’s front camera stopped working a week after ownership. A couple weeks later, my rear camera went out too. I got both replaced under warranty.

There are several threads on the forum. But my front camera was doing the same as yours (see page 2 on thread): https://www.fordraptorforum.com/threads/2020-raptor-rear-view-cam.74687/

Go to a different dealership if you have to because that front camera needs to be replaced!

OP
OP
Z

zombiz

Reaction score
Go to a different dealership if you have to because that front camera needs to be replaced!

That's what I was thinking, it kind of irked me that I spend the amount of money that these new trucks cost, and they don't replace a simple camera that's clearly malfunctioning. I will start calling around to get it fixed, hopefully soon. Thanks for taking the time to respond!