Front Camera Stopped Working

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dane

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Did you get this working? Mine was a wiring harness unplugged under the center console on the back of the "Off road mode" button.
Where is this harness? Did you have to pull all manner of trim out to get to it? Were there any other symptoms such as not being able to use Off Road mode, or display not working, or anything?
I'm trying to eliminate possibilities for my front camera not working.

Raptized

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes it was underneath the rocker switch panel. Off road mode had quit, no front camera. I cleaned and reseated the front camera plug under the hood then did the same for the switch. Switch one worked for me.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Dane

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yes it was underneath the rocker switch panel. Off road mode had quit, no front camera. I cleaned and reseated the front camera plug under the hood then did the same for the switch. Switch one worked for me.

Gotcha. My Offroad mode works like normal - lights up on the button, registers in dash, truck behaves as it should, so I don't think that's my issue. I'll try reseating the camera itself. It seems fine during my wiggle test, but I'll disconnect, clean, and reconnect.

Raptized

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Gotcha. My Offroad mode works like normal - lights up on the button, registers in dash, truck behaves as it should, so I don't think that's my issue. I'll try reseating the camera itself. It seems fine during my wiggle test, but I'll disconnect, clean, and reconnect.
Yes. I had no lights on off road button and no dash communication.

Not implying anything but did you try both ways to activate the camera as troubleshooting?

Dane

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yes. I had no lights on off road button and no dash communication.

Not implying anything but did you try both ways to activate the camera as troubleshooting?

I did. Same result. It takes it a few seconds displaying the message about what modes you must be in, then it flips back to disabled.
Also if you have the truck status screen - I forget the name of the screen, but displays what if you are in off-road mode or not, couple other things, plus the camera - the camera says enabled for those couple seconds and then back to disabled.

My gut is starting to say bad camera.

Raptized

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I dont know if it is a PITA or not but swap the front and rear cameras and test would eliminate camera.

Reaction score
I did. Same result. It takes it a few seconds displaying the message about what modes you must be in, then it flips back to disabled.
Also if you have the truck status screen - I forget the name of the screen, but displays what if you are in off-road mode or not, couple other things, plus the camera - the camera says enabled for those couple seconds and then back to disabled.

My gut is starting to say bad camera.
Any luck? I have the exact same issue…replaced camera with rear camera and that was a huge mistake lol

Going to pay up 350 for a front camera

Dane

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Any luck? I have the exact same issue…replaced camera with rear camera and that was a huge mistake lol

Going to pay up 350 for a front camera
Nope. I plan to try swapping front cameras with a buddy when it's convenient to see if it's the camera. Just haven't gotten to it yet.