Front Camera Recall Work

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DanT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I recently had my front and rear camera replaced due to the recall. The dealership took 2 days to fix it - claimed they couldn’t get the software to download correctly. Does anyone know what’s involved with camera replacement? The reason I ask is after getting my truck back I noticed my driver side front fender flare has a gap of about 1/16 -1/8” - I can see a plastic fitting that is smashed and some wiring through the gap. I hand wash my truck so I would have noticed this if it was original to my truck. Also a god awful rattle in the center console has started ever since the repair.

does the camera replacement involve my fender (wiring?) and center console?

thanks in advance!

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
To access the front camera the grille needs to be removed, which requires removal of both fender mouldings. It sounds like one of the fender clips was damaged during removal, and they reused it instead of replacing it as they should have. Nothing in the front camera replacement or recalibration procedure involves removal of interior components.