GEN 1 Front Camera not working - won't enable

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Dane

Dane

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Well, I couldn't find any connection related issues. Anyone have a spare front camera sitting around? :D

Blacktor

Reaction score
I too have this front camera problem. Bought mine used a couple of years ago. It worked on the test drive. Not once since LOL.

03svt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Same here mine does the same thing and hasn't worked in years. I still have an ESP on my truck just haven't found the time to make an appointment and bring it in. Just for this

OP
OP
Dane

Dane

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Same here mine does the same thing and hasn't worked in years. I still have an ESP on my truck just haven't found the time to make an appointment and bring it in. Just for this
Do it! Then tell me how they fixed it. My warranty is long gone, I'll be fixing myself. If it's that front camera, it's expensive. Worth getting it covered. Though I'm hoping it's something else!

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i will be in thornton in a couple weeks. i can come by and we can swap cameras to see if its your camera. been through a few phones so i dont think i have your number anymore. text me (831) 254-7562. i remember a few years ago i stopped by to look at something..... dont remember what it was though

OP
OP
Dane

Dane

FRF Addict
Reaction score
i will be in thornton in a couple weeks. i can come by and we can swap cameras to see if its your camera. been through a few phones so i dont think i have your number anymore. text me (831) 254-7562. i remember a few years ago i stopped by to look at something..... dont remember what it was though
That would be sweet. I'm not against replacing the camera - but I really want to know that's the problem before I burn ~$300 or whatever it is.

Yeah, you stopped by forever ago - I think when I first got the truck. I can't remember why either! I've changed houses since then though.

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That would be sweet. I'm not against replacing the camera - but I really want to know that's the problem before I burn ~$300 or whatever it is.

Yeah, you stopped by forever ago - I think when I first got the truck. I can't remember why either! I've changed houses since then though.
air compressors. thats what it was