GEN 1 Front Camera not working - won't enable

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dane

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I did a bit of searching, found some similar threads, but no answers.
My front camera has stopped working. I've used it plenty in the past, so I'm familiar with needing to be in one of two modes to use it. The camera behaves as if I'm not in one of the two modes (Off-road/rear diff locked or 4L), and simply displays the message that I need to be in one of those two modes - just like if you try to enable the camera if you're sitting in 2H. All of my indicators about 4 wheel, off-road mode, diff locked, etc work. It's like the camera just doesn't know. My first guess is that the camera's bad, but I really hope there are some other possibilities I'm missing.
Ideas?

Thanks.

This is a 2012. The front camera was stock. I have no NavTV or other add ons like that.

Canuck714

FRF Addict
Reaction score
@Dane ... Off topic, but did you ever do a write up of the pillar mount gauges you were installing? If you have a link to the thread, please share.

OP
OP
Dane

Dane

FRF Addict
Reaction score
@Dane ... Off topic, but did you ever do a write up of the pillar mount gauges you were installing? If you have a link to the thread, please share.

I didn't do a write up, there's really not much to it other than wrangling some wires. The pillar mount is bolt in. What info were you looking for?

RaptorRnr

Reaction score
I was at the dealer yesterday and asked the question about cameras not working. I have the 2020 802A configuration and therefore the 360 camera set up. It's very inconsistent when either the backup or the 360 cameras work. The dealer told me this is a widespread problem with Ford models in general and is not limited to the Raptor. He said that he has 3 brand new vehicles on the lot that they can't sell until they fix this issue. He stated that Ford recently switched suppliers, as a result of this problem and that he is able to order replacement components to address this issue. As a result of COVID and this widespread problem, he did say that there is a long backorder waiting period for the replacement parts. I'm in the queue myself.